Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 4xe for a couple of weeks now and love it but I have discovered a couple of paint issues. Under the lip of the hood there is a spot where the clear coat ran and pooled in some little bumps. Because of the location I wasn’t sure if it was a big deal. More concerning was the paint wear on the rear gate hinges. I’m new to wrangler ownership but it seems like the hinges are misaligned. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
701 Posts
That's going to start oxidizing if not fixed! It looks more like an issue with the metal grains chipping out. Possibly from bad heat treatment?

I've actually been impressed by the paint finish on mine having come from a Ford. I do have a cloudy spot on a fender flare that I've been meaning to get looked at.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had my 4xe for a couple of weeks now and love it but I have discovered a couple of paint issues. Under the lip of the hood there is a spot where the clear coat ran and pooled in some little bumps. Because of the location I wasn’t sure if it was a big deal. More concerning was the paint wear on the rear gate hinges. I’m new to wrangler ownership but it seems like the hinges are misaligned. Has anyone else had this issue?
View attachment 670
This is a problem. The chipping. The clear drips not so much but that picture is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
251 Posts
View attachment 670
Sorry to see this, Sflynn37! Have you had the chance to bring this to your dealer's attention? Either way, we would like to discuss further with you, send our team a private message when you can.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts