Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone applied paint protection film to their cars? Would like to see how the matte decals are handled for the PPF... the self healing film seems to be a great idea for trail driving.

thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
PPF is amazing. You don't want to do it over the matte graphics unless it is going to cover the entire thing as it will make it glossy. On my jeeps, I do what they call a partial. It includes the grill, front 1/3rd of the hood, front 1/3rd of the fenders if they are painted and then I add the ppf around the entire windshield frame. If you are looking at getting the entire jeep done, just know it will make anything matte glossy

Has anyone applied paint protection film to their cars? Would like to see how the matte decals are handled for the PPF... the self healing film seems to be a great idea for trail driving.

thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
PPF is amazing. You don't want to do it over the matte graphics unless it is going to cover the entire thing as it will make it glossy. On my jeeps, I do what they call a partial. It includes the grill, front 1/3rd of the hood, front 1/3rd of the fenders if they are painted and then I add the ppf around the entire windshield frame. If you are looking at getting the entire jeep done, just know it will make anything matte glossy
What's that typically cost? Those are all the areas that will eventually take damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. That helps... trying to get a quote to see if I should do the whole side panels and doors.

·
Registered
228 Posts
thanks. That helps... trying to get a quote to see if I should do the whole side panels and doors.
I've read it can get tough since the wrangler's hinges are all on the outside. But that could be offset by the fact everything is flat and comes off.

·
Registered
4 Posts

thanks!
Mine came with them on the front and fender and I didn't noticed until the 3rd day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts