Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People with the High altitude, do you actually Offroad, its funny because alot of people who ive came across seem to be torn about
1. A hybrid jeep
2. A luxury hybrid jeep

I know a lot of Rubicon owners usually will go off-road but the high altitude is so nice would you actually risk going off-road

·
Registered
111 Posts
People with the High altitude, do you actually Offroad, its funny because alot of people who ive came across seem to be torn about
1. A hybrid jeep
2. A luxury hybrid jeep

I know a lot of Rubicon owners usually will go off-road but the high altitude is so nice would you actually risk going off-road
you can have your cake and eat it too, I got painted fenders etc for the Rubicon cause I like the look. I get excited when I scratch or dent something and have to replace it… it ain’t a g-wagon, it’s a life long shopping experience lmao. One of the great things about Jeep is that any small bump, car or tree , it usually didn’t affect the carfax because it’s a modular car and whole sections can be replaced DIY.

That being said I’m not into denting things like the oil pan, curious did the HA package come with skid plates?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can have your cake and eat it too, I got painted fenders etc for the Rubicon cause I like the look. I get excited when I scratch or dent something and have to replace it… it ain’t a g-wagon, it’s a life long shopping experience lmao. One of the great things about Jeep is that any small bump, car or tree , it usually didn’t affect the carfax because it’s a modular car and whole sections can be replaced DIY.

That being said I’m not into denting things like the oil pan, curious did the HA package come with skid plates?
That makes sense lol! It's def a off road machine at its core, and thats actually a good question ❓
Im not sure if the High altitude has skid plates, im gonna look into but, im part of another jeep forum and the amount of hate the 4xe gets as well as the high altitude is crazy lol , but i love how the high altitude looks period lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
1. A hybrid jeep
2. A luxury hybrid jeep

We have taken ours off road a few times already. They seem fairly capable.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
That makes sense lol! It's def a off road machine at its core, and thats actually a good question ❓
Im not sure if the High altitude has skid plates, im gonna look into but, im part of another jeep forum and the amount of hate the 4xe gets as well as the high altitude is crazy lol , but i love how the high altitude looks period lol
Ya unfortunately that hate is prob more directed at fact 4xE isn’t an easy price to justify for a Jeep which is usually a 2nd or 3rd car.

The fact that it has 470 torque pisses off just about anyone that has sprung big $ to put in a super charger or hemi swap.

My dad is one of them “they are trying too hard with all this crap, too many moving parts”.

Then I gave it to him for a day, “man that thing is fast, quiet and planted… totally unexpected… still makes me nervous all that high tech crap… but man that stereo”

That’s actually the moment I knew if they make this thing reliable, there won’t be any other kind of Jeep. If they can squeeze 100miles out of the next gen battery and can fix a few fundamental safety topics like rear airbags, Bronco has a lot of work to do.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was actually torn between the Rubi and HA 4xe, but when my wife found this Billet HA with the Gray/Light interior, I was hosed. The HA certainly looks good, but obviously more suited for city-driving than a Rubi. I liked the idea of the potential that that Rubi provides, but also recognize that taking it for more challenging offroad adventures was minimal. Even with a Rubi I highly doubt we would ever do much trail driving as we really just wanted something fun and relaxing. And I'm very OCD about marks and scratches on my vehicles from years of driving various types of German brands and designs. Let's see how I react if/when I get my first beauty-mark from some sort of off-road excursion.

Obviously the Wrangler in any form provides that along with the option to remove the top & doors. So, when we go off-road, it will probably be very light trails anyway, maybe camping. Actually headed to Galveston next week so planning on getting it nekkid while we're there for some cruising and even beach driving. Not sure it counts as "offroad" so much, but at least I have 100% confidence that it will be able to handle it as opposed to an off-the-shelf unibody-based SUV.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Maan that white looks nice!!! Are you gonna do anything after market?
Only if/when I encounter a limitation of abilities. So far it has traveled every trail, climbed every Boulder and crossed every stream. Some obstacles have been moderate to heavy but I wouldn't say we have attempted anything too extreme either. If the time comes for that need then I will reconsider.

We camp and explore so that is our fun. With the Jeep, we can find campsites that many others are unable to reach so that appeals to us. I think eventually we might need more ground clearance but we are hoping by that time the full BEV will be available. We leased this HA for 3 years to buy us some time until some fully electric choices are available. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I own a 4xe HA and will happily take it off-road as long as I’m not dragging my undercarriage on rocks or pin-striping my paint. That precludes most of the heavily wooded roads near me. I have owned many capable 4x4’s from new, but would never think of taking a $30-60k new vehicle and grinding it off of rocks and tree branches. If I had a 10-15 yo purpose-built vehicle then I would do this or perhaps if I hold onto one long term. Otherwise, I try to keep the vehicles looking and operating like new so that requires gentle use (like parking far away from the entry in the mall parking lot). I get plenty of love and Jeep waves so not sure who are dissing the HA’s unless you troll on the hard core off-road sites then I get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts