Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Pixel 7 Phones & Android Auto Wireless [SOLVED]

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  bstan4th3 
#1 ·
Trying to see if others are having the same problem,
I just picked up a 2023 Overland 4xe, and I'm having no luck getting the Android Auto Wireless to work with my phone. To keep this light, just know that we tried virtually everything that we could and have been able to pin point it to an issue specific to my Pixel 7 and 7 Pro phones. I'm just trying to find out if it truly is my phone or if there is a generation issue with Pixel 7 family.

Other Android phones that worked (wirelessly) in my car;
Jeep Sales Mgr (Galaxy s22 Ultra)
Jeep Mechanic (Galaxy a53)
My son's phone (Pixel 6a)
My coworkers phone (Pixel 6 Pro)

I also took my phone into 2 other models they had at the store (Summit Reserve & another Overland) and neither of them allowed me to connect.

According to their shop, I am running the latest software version in my Overland and I just patched my Pixel 7 phone with March's firmware update, and it still did not resolve my issue.

From within the Android Auto app on my Pixel 7, it shows that my Overland supports wireless connection but never makes the connection. I reset the network connections on my phone, I have not done a full phone reset, trying to prevent that however if someone else is able to make their Pixel 7 connect, I will go that route.

-dave

See less See more
#2 ·
I just picked up a 2023 Overland 4xe, and I'm having no luck getting the Android Auto Wireless to work with my phone. To keep this light, just know that we tried virtually everything that we could and have been able to pin point it to an issue specific to my Pixel 7 and 7 Pro phones. I'm just trying to find out if it truly is my phone or if there is a generation issue with Pixel 7 family.

I also took my phone into 2 other models they had at the store (Summit Reserve & another Overland) and neither of them allowed me to connect.

According to their shop, I am running the latest software version in my Overland and I just patched my Pixel 7 phone with March's firmware update, and it still did not resolve my issue.

From within the Android Auto app on my Pixel 7, it shows that my Overland supports wireless connection but never makes the connection. I reset the network connections on my phone, I have not done a full phone reset, trying to prevent that however if someone else is able to make their Pixel 7 connect, I will go that route.

-dave
Might be a long shot, but have you cleared all of the data within the Android Auto App and just started fresh with the app. I do believe that if you uninstall and reinstall android Auto, or any app for that matter, there may be some bits of information left on the phone and applied, to some degree, in the fresh install.

Edit... You could also check out the r/AndroidAuto group and search/ask there.

#4 ·
Might be a long shot, but have you cleared all of the data within the Android Auto App and just started fresh with the app. I do believe that if you uninstall and reinstall android Auto, or any app for that matter, there may be some bits of information left on the phone and applied, to some degree, in the fresh install.
Appreciate the suggestion. I should had stated that while I did not reset my phone, I did reset the Android Auto app. As I have a Pixel phone, I can't uninstall Android Auto as it is embedded within my phones OS. (Something I struggled to get the one Sales mgr to understand, he was convinced it was because I didn't have Android Auto installed on my phone)
Font Circle Science Astronomical object Darkness

(as seen on my phone, you can't uninstall Android Auto. I did however go into the storage options for this app and clear out the cache as well as any data storage it was using.Essentially, resetting the app).

My jeep sales guy did go on Mopar's website and he found instructions for Pixel 7 Pro (AT&T) but not for any other variant of the Pixel 7 Pro (my phone is unlocked from Google).

For now I can use the plug in option until this gets worked out.

#6 ·
Appreciate the suggestion. I should had stated that while I did not reset my phone, I did reset the Android Auto app. As I have a Pixel phone, I can't uninstall Android Auto as it is embedded within my phones OS. (Something I struggled to get the one Sales mgr to understand, he was convinced it was because I didn't have Android Auto installed on my phone)
View attachment 9659
(as seen on my phone, you can't uninstall Android Auto. I did however go into the storage options for this app and clear out the cache as well as any data storage it was using.Essentially, resetting the app).

My jeep sales guy did go on Mopar's website and he found instructions for Pixel 7 Pro (AT&T) but not for any other variant of the Pixel 7 Pro (my phone is unlocked from Google).

For now I can use the plug in option until this gets worked out.
So you can't even scroll to the bottom of that App Info page, click on Storage, then down at the bottom clear data?

#3 ·
My note fold 2 isn't supported by many applications and vehicles...

On my 21 4xe I have to use a cable
On my wife's 22 Grand Wagoneer it works wireless no probs
Both display the same for me...

Have you tried the cable route? Does this allow android auto to work?

#10 ·

-dave
Hi Dave,

I can imagine you've probably tried the soft and factory reset steps but wanted to chime in with some detail found on the official uconnectphone.com site. These Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro devices have been tested for full compatibility with your Uconnect system at this time. More devices will be added to that list once full compatibility is confirmed by Engineering.
Font Brand Circle Rectangle Number

Rectangle Font Eyelash Brand Logo

Font Rectangle Brand Logo Paper

Steph
Jeep Cares

#15 ·
After having several people mention their Pixel 7's connected as well as having Jeep Care team chime in, I decided to go ahead and reset my phone and gosh darn it, it seems to have resolved the issue. Its kinda of weird now having my phone connect, basically as soon as I turn on the car (Just need to get used to it).

I appreciate the feedback, cheers everyone!

#16 ·

-dave
No, I'm sorry, I can't help you

#17 ·

-dave
This happened to me in my 4xe, and I have a Pixel too. I followed all the steps, and couldn't connect wirelessly. I even took it down to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out either. They were stumped. It seems to be a Pixel/newest version of Android coupled with some setting adjustments. I stumbled upon a thread that helped me, hope it helps you too. Check out this thread, but basically, this:
Set Default USB Configuration to File Transfer/Android Auto. The recent Android 13 update has somehow changed the USB configuration option automatically. Restart your phone, and then see what happens.

#18 ·
This happened to me in my 4xe, and I have a Pixel too. I followed all the steps, and couldn't connect wirelessly. I even took it down to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out either. They were stumped. It seems to be a Pixel/newest version of Android coupled with some setting adjustments. I stumbled upon a thread that helped me, hope it helps you too. Check out this thread, but basically, this:
Set Default USB Configuration to File Transfer/Android Auto. The recent Android 13 update has somehow changed the USB configuration option automatically. Restart your phone, and then see what happens.

Just realized your issue has been solved. Glad to hear it! :)

#19 ·
Trying to see if others are having the same problem, I just picked up a 2023 Overland 4xe, and I'm having no luck getting the Android Auto Wireless to work with my phone. To keep this light, just know that we tried virtually everything that we could and have been able to pin point it to an issue specific to my Pixel 7 and 7 Pro phones. I'm just trying to find out if it truly is my phone or if there is a generation issue with Pixel 7 family. Other Android phones that worked (wirelessly) in my car; Jeep Sales Mgr (Galaxy s22 Ultra) Jeep Mechanic (Galaxy a53) My son's phone (Pixel 6a) My coworkers phone (Pixel 6 Pro) I also took my phone into 2 other models they had at the store (Summit Reserve & another Overland) and neither of them allowed me to connect. According to their shop, I am running the latest software version in my Overland and I just patched my Pixel 7 phone with March's firmware update, and it still did not resolve my issue. From within the Android Auto app on my Pixel 7, it shows that my Overland supports wireless connection but never makes the connection. I reset the network connections on my phone, I have not done a full phone reset, trying to prevent that however if someone else is able to make their Pixel 7 connect, I will go that route. -dave
Having the same problem 8/27/23 have a pixel7 and just leased a 2024 Buick Encore. Tried to use Android Auto, WILL NOT WORK. It locks down my infotainment center. I can use nothing only the radio. So disappointing to have a new car and your main feature (to me) won't work. Spent 4 hours at dealership with them having to shit down the electrical system to reboot. When they try to pair phone to car or shuts the system down again. There seems to be no answer except maybe to go buy a Samsung phone. They tell me Google is the problem connecting to AA. HELP, any suggestions????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.