• Hard trails 7 and up

Votes: 4 26.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of off-roading is anyone planning with the 4xe? I have seen some threads suggesting 4xe jeepers not really planning to go off-road. So overlanding, fire roads or more challenging trails?

·
Registered
61 Posts
what type of off-roading is anyone planning with the 4xe? I have seen some threads suggesting 4xe jeepers not really planning to go off-road. So overlanding, fire roads or more challenging trails?
While I know I won't really have the time in my life to become a weekend warrior, I'd still like to knock out some Badges of Honor trails every year. I'd like to do a Jeep Jamboree just to see what one is like. I am planning a trip with my sons this summer where I hope to knock out a few badge of honor trails but it won't be a hard core thing for me.

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I know I won't really have the time in my life to become a weekend warrior, I'd still like to knock out some Badges of Honor trails every year. I'd like to do a Jeep Jamboree just to see what one is like. I am planning a trip with my sons this summer where I hope to knock out a few badge of honor trails but it won't be a hard core thing for me.
Jeep jamboree is great way to go. Just came back from table Mesa last week. Going to Big Bear in May and did some last year. Very recommended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I plan to do a fair amount of off roading. My first investment for the 4xe was a car hauler because it is a hobby vehicle. I will be lifting it on 3.5in long arm Rock Krawler adventure lift, full Artec belly armor, 37x12.50x17 Dick Cepek Extreme County tire on Mopar Beadlocks with onboard arb air. I’m sure I’ll have more mods to go as we hit the road. Thinking possible axles and gears with new drive shafts. I will hit several trails this year from the northeast out to Moab down to Arkansas with my brother, assuming it arrives sometime soon. Also planned is heading to Bantam Jeep festival in June and Jeepfest in Toledo in August!

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan to do a fair amount of off roading. My first investment for the 4xe was a car hauler because it is a hobby vehicle. I will be lifting it on 3.5in long arm Rock Krawler adventure lift, full Artec belly armor, 37x12.50x17 Dick Cepek Extreme County tire on Mopar Beadlocks with onboard arb air. I’m sure I’ll have more mods to go as we hit the road. Thinking possible axles and gears with new drive shafts. I will hit several trails this year from the northeast out to Moab down to Arkansas with my brother, assuming it arrives sometime soon. Also planned is heading to Bantam Jeep festival in June and Jeepfest in Toledo in August!
That sounds awesome! Curious what everyone is planning.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I love it, sounds like it'll be a great build. Have you done something similar with other Jeeps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I intend to wheel the hell out of it eventually. I have a built 2005 LJ right now that I will probably make myself sell at some point and put that money into the 4xe. My only real concern is the added weight, since it comes in at 700 lbs over the standard rubicon. I'll have to focus on lightweight skids, bumpers, etc to make up for that. I haven't figured out yet what I'll do for protecting the paint from pin striping since it hasn't been a real concern on my LJ. Maybe a vinyl wrap?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I intend to wheel the hell out of it eventually. I have a built 2005 LJ right now that I will probably make myself sell at some point and put that money into the 4xe. My only real concern is the added weight, since it comes in at 700 lbs over the standard rubicon. I'll have to focus on lightweight skids, bumpers, etc to make up for that. I haven't figured out yet what I'll do for protecting the paint from pin striping since it hasn't been a real concern on my LJ. Maybe a vinyl wrap?
Welcome to the forum @MikeA! You could wrap your 4xe for sure, would you change the color or just do PPF? you could also try ceramic coating as well to protect the paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum @MikeA! You could wrap your 4xe for sure, would you change the color or just do PPF? you could also try ceramic coating as well to protect the paint.
Thanks!

I'm still looking into wraps and ceramic coating since I've not had an offroad vehicle where I care about the paint that much before. It's all new to me and I have no idea about what color I would go with. That choice is a problem for future me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome @MikeA! Have you started to list out specific mods to get? Would be interested to see what you have so far, if any.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome @MikeA! Have you started to list out specific mods to get? Would be interested to see what you have so far, if any.
I'm going to run it stock for a while. When I built my LJ I immediately went to 35's and a 3.5" lift etc, which was super cool but it made a number of trails too easy. As I continued to build it I've found that previously fun trails are now pretty mundane, so for the new rig I want to run it stock until I come across trails that I feel need upgrades.

I haven't narrowed down specific brands yet since the JL world has a lot of different options from the TJ/LJ world.

Quality of life mods:
1. Sunrider for hardtop (unless I sell the hardtop and go full soft top)
2. Mesh top underneath sunrider or soft top
3. I'm hoping someone comes up with a storage shelf or something to make the cargo area flat with the rear seats folded down

Offroad mods will be:
1. Winch
2. Replace rear bumper
3. Aluminum skids
4. 2" mopar lift (might go different route depending on how long I've had the jeep at this point)
5. PSC big bore steering kit ported for hydro assist
6. 37's
7. Front currie antirock
8. Onboard air

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks!

I'm still looking into wraps and ceramic coating since I've not had an offroad vehicle where I care about the paint that much before. It's all new to me and I have no idea about what color I would go with. That choice is a problem for future me.
I wouldn’t even mind wrapping the front in a clear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum @silent crawler! What convinced your wife and yourself to go with the 4xe?
We were interested in getting another jeep, We had a 2 door TJ years ago. Doing something to help save the environment (even the reduced 21 miles of range will cover 80% of her usage), have great torque and acceleration was a great bonus for me. Lastly, the idea of wheeling offroad in near silence was intriguing to us both.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone! Has anyone actually lifted their 4xe yet and if yes what brand/lift/tires did you end up doing? Mopar only goes 2" for the lift kit "approved" for the 4xe, my tire guy has concerns going 37's and a 2in lift on the Sahara version I'm getting. I want to go 3.5-4in lift with 37's but having trouble finding lift kits that say they will work with 4xe. For example Fabtech specifically says theirs is NOT compatible with the 4xe. Curious if anyone has investigated further. Thanks!

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi. As far as everyone knows, there are no approved kits for the 4xe yet. The 2’’ lift from Mopar has been recalled for the 4xe and no other companies have had their hands on the 4xe to fit them. The issues seems to be the extra weight of the 4xe. For sure I would not get a non approved lift at this time.

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi everyone! Has anyone actually lifted their 4xe yet and if yes what brand/lift/tires did you end up doing? Mopar only goes 2" for the lift kit "approved" for the 4xe, my tire guy has concerns going 37's and a 2in lift on the Sahara version I'm getting. I want to go 3.5-4in lift with 37's but having trouble finding lift kits that say they will work with 4xe. For example Fabtech specifically says theirs is NOT compatible with the 4xe. Curious if anyone has investigated further. Thanks!
Hi. As far as everyone knows, there are no approved kits for the 4xe yet. The 2’’ lift from Mopar has been recalled for the 4xe and no other companies have had their hands on the 4xe to fit them. The issues seems to be the extra weight of the 4xe. For sure I would not get a non approved lift at this time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you so much! I had not heard about the Mopar 2" recall for 4xe! They have a couple options on their site now but not sure if they fixed things or haven't updated their site. I'll look into it further.

·
Registered
Wrangler JK 2011
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you so much! I had not heard about the Mopar 2" recall for 4xe! They have a couple options on their site now but not sure if they fixed things or haven't updated their site. I'll look into it further.
Yes, lots of people on the different forums are talking about it. Some suggest they could use the Mopar lift that is used for the Diesel version, but I would not take the chance. They also indicated that there is going to be a new part number for the Mopar lift once it is ready for the 4xe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts