Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are new to EVs and PHEVs, you might not be aware of PlugShare. It's a great app for finding public chargers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great EV app recommendation and demo of how easy it is pull them up on CarPlay. How have you found the charging infrastructure to be around you? Is it enough or could there be more?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great EV app recommendation and demo of how easy it is pull them up on CarPlay. How have you found the charging infrastructure to be around you? Is it enough or could there be more?
Well, that's an interesting issue. A lot of people tend to believe we need a lot of chargers around but since I charge at home, I just don't use public charging a lot. My EV only gets 60 miles of range, less in the winter. But the part of town that I live in just doesn't have any chargers. There are times that I will go to different parts of the area and sort of need a charge to make it back home. But that's not terribly common for me. So it sort of depends on how you use your EV. I will say that having an engine as a backup has brought me a lot of peace with the 4XE. It makes me feel like I have a freedom I didn't have before.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can you filter public charges to free ones? Paying for electric chargers away from home are on the order of gas, 25-30 cents per kwh.

In 2yr and 16k miles of owning a Tesla Model 3, I’ve spent $5 charging away from home - obviously no road trips yet. Charging at night costs me $0.01/mile, or 4.3 cents per kwh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts