Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

For pre-existing forum members, have you experienced major issues?

• Yes, I have had a major issue with the charging system (wiring harnesses, battery, etc.).

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Yes, I have had a battery cooling system leak or pump problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I have had problems with the electronic stability control causing an on-road shut down.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Yes, other major issue

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No, other than backup lines sometimes not working.

Votes: 22 61.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This poll is for people that registered on this site before having a major problem. I tried to cover some of the common issues we are seeing being reported.

By major issues I mean ones that have caused a safety issue (such as the Jeep locking up/stopping on the road) or issues that have confounded the service departments, resulting in days/weeks of service).

If you registered because of a problem, please sit this one out. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Didn't vote, but I did have an issue with the fuel door on day one which threw a CEL. Dealership was able to fix in an afternoon.

No issues with backup lines.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low vote count. Perhaps it means high number first time posters with issues?

I usually expect something in the fist 20k miles. Just not something too catastrophic, like these issues have been. My mustang was flawless.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One issue that’s been bugging me is the 2nd USB Media Port under the center armrest not maintaining a CarPlay connection. It works for up to 5 minutes at a time, but always disconnects requiring me to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in. Annoying as %[email protected]&. No issues with the same cable/device from the USB port in the front Media Panel, but also no good place to store my device there and can’t stand the cable in that location. No idea why Jeep can’t get a simple USB media port to work consistently in this day and age.

Reactions: JAWsJeep24

·
Registered
92 Posts
No vote. Coolant pump issue, but came here because of that issue seeking input and advice and grateful that I found some.

@michail
What was the purpose or anticipated result or conclusion for the survey?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am having this same issue. Randomly lose the usb/CarPlay connection from armrest usb? Others? Ideas to resolve?

One issue that’s been bugging me is the 2nd USB Media Port under the center armrest not maintaining a CarPlay connection. It works for up to 5 minutes at a time, but always disconnects requiring me to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in. Annoying as %[email protected]&. No issues with the same cable/device from the USB port in the front Media Panel, but also no good place to store my device there and can’t stand the cable in that location. No idea why Jeep can’t get a simple USB media port to work consistently in this day and age.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No vote. Coolant pump issue, but came here because of that issue seeking input and advice and grateful that I found some.

@michail
What was the purpose or anticipated result or conclusion for the survey?
This site seems to have a higher percentage of issues being reported as compared to the 4xe subforum on the JL Wrangler forum.

I did encounter a highway shutdown a few hundred posts in but I don't think it's the result of any problem specific to my 4xe. It's more a Jeep thing.

I don't think the 4xe has any more issues than a typical Wrangler model would. They all seem subject to the same luck of the manufacturing draw.

My build time was April fool's day at midnight, which means it was finished on a very late Friday. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am having this same issue. Randomly lose the usb/CarPlay connection from armrest usb? Others? Ideas to resolve?
Opened a ticket with Jeep…they’ve gone dark since the latest OTA went out that solved the Backup Camera. Still amazed that they can’t keep a USB connection up and running. I can’t stand using the front Media Panel USB port as it leaves cables all over the place that often catch the gear shift. No other ideas how to correct the issue other than continued communications to Jeep of my dissatisfaction.

·
Registered
92 Posts
@JAWsJeep24
I am also using the console USB Port #2 and it is operating properly for me, but using Android Auto. Sorry.
I agree that port, media door and shift lever are poorly located.
I routed my cable behind the Uconnect, down the inside of the dash, under the shifter housing and inside the bottom of the console to access #2 without any wires showing.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4XE
22 Posts
Didn't vote, but I did have an issue with the fuel door on day one which threw a CEL. Dealership was able to fix in an afternoon.

No issues with backup lines.
had a problem with my fuel door too after about 1 week - wouldn’t open after pushing button. Dealer replaced it in about 2 hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts