Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving in hybrid mode with battery max regen mode. Had 0% battery but Jeep had never shut down before… when battery runs out it goes to hybrid automatically, had never had the hybrid mode not be enough to power Jeep while driving. When it shut down it was really really fast. Shut Jeep off and started in eco mode and it did fine. Just scary while driving, thought it would switch to eco mode of hybrid wasn’t enough. Scary…

·
Registered
901 Posts
Do you mean e-save? Did you get a turtle or CEL? Hybrid mode is the most powerful mode, so that is just weird.

E-save really doesn't do anything once you are out of e-only range. It's the same as hybrid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes esave is what mode it would start in. Hybrid just totally shut down the Jeep while driving on the highway. No power steering, no power, very UNSAFE Jeep. Is Anyone listening and paying attention.? This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes esave is what mode it would start in. Hybrid just totally shut down the Jeep while driving on the highway. No power steering, no power, very UNSAFE Jeep. Is Anyone listening and paying attention.? This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Man the modes are irrelevant at this point. It is not suppose to shut down. Did you lose brakes? Engine? Steering? Can you be more specific plz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Driving in hybrid mode with battery max regen mode. Had 0% battery but Jeep had never shut down before… when battery runs out it goes to hybrid automatically, had never had the hybrid mode not be enough to power Jeep while driving. When it shut down it was really really fast. Shut Jeep off and started in eco mode and it did fine. Just scary while driving, thought it would switch to eco mode of hybrid wasn’t enough. Scary…
I just had the same thing happen yesterday. Did you ever get it figured out? Dealer says they can't get me in for 10 days and I am unsure about driving it now.

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's quite common. It happened to me probably shortly after I made the first reply post above. It only happened once to me.

There are several software updates and a recall on an o-ring available for the 4xe. Have you had any of that done?

You should be able to pull up and have a service rep pull the codes for you. For me it seemed the transmission computer shut of the ECU. It likely detected something out of parameter. Why they programmed it to have such an excessive safe mode is the puzzle.

Where you driving on the highway at the time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was also on "esave" travelling at about 70miles/hour on heavy traffic I-5 San Diego and all of a sudden no acceleration, speed drasticly dropped to 45mph with a semi truck behind me almost rear-ended me. When I looked down at dash board it said "performance limited Stop Safely shift to park wait for engine to start. I was on the lane adjacent to HOV...thank God nothing happened. What a lemon. I've had problems with this car from Day one. took it to dealership and they don't document and nor do they have a solution. Sometimes when traveling at low speed, the car would Jump "accelerate by itself" as if i floored the accelerator. Very dangerous vehicle

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
@Rorlando619 I honestly can't say for sure but found these on another thread. The dealer will know and, I think, the Uconnect or Jeep app will tell you if you have either of of those.

RRT21-122
RRT21-123
RRT21-124
RRT21-126
RRT21-127

1 - 12 of 12 Posts