Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone get their 4xe protected with PPF or ceramic coating? If so, what did you go with, why and how much did you pay?

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi,

Anyone get their 4xe protected with PPF or ceramic coating? If so, what did you go with, why and how much did you pay?

Thanks
I didn’t get the Simoniz coating but just as I was about to pay for the Jeep I told the guy doing the actual sale I thought it was just too pricey and he offered half off. So if you hold out or look like you don’t want it they may offer a better deal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I get the PPF on Wednesday. Front grill, part of hood, fenders, some of panels, and 24 inches on each door (oh and the hinges, which now I know why they are a problem). Looks to be about $1,000. I'm planning on actually using this as a jeep and I'm trying to prevent a rocky mountain pin stripe. There's a good chance I will ceramic after I get the PPF on.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m considering getting the whole hood, front fenders and all 4 doors done but the cost is $2500. I

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've been using the new armor all ceramic wash with a pressure washer foam canon. I used some of the temp ceramic coating but that wash is just way easier and better results. It's the most fun I've ever had washing anything.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@igiofio I decided to PPF the hood, cowl and windshield frame. I ceramic coated the vehicle except these areas and will coat them once the PPF is installed next week.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@igiofio here is a pic of the coating. NV EVO is what I chose. Early impressions is that it has great self cleaning. Even after several rainstorms it looks almost perfectly clean. You don't get the mirror finish with white but I love the the blue, black and white.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maybe it was just me but the last Jeep I had, a 2020 Firecracker Red Unlimited, was the most durable paint I've ever seen. I swear it seemed to hold up well in the year+ I had it, just didn't have any perceptible swirls or scratches even after off roading. The new Audi's I've had though, swirl-city after a couple months.

I only go to the car washes that use the scrubbers, so it made the Jeep impressive.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@JakeK66 I had a black JK and was able to keep the paint in fairly good shape but I am fanatical about my wash method. I don't even let people touch the paint to close the door, I make them use the black handle. Yes, I am a crazy....lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was just looking at ceramic paint protection, a place around me said they can do it as low as 500 dollars and it can go as high as 1500

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Applied NV Evo to the hood, windshield frame, fender flares, mirrors, tail lights and bumpers - this completes the whole vehicle. Added a nice dark look to the black trim and steel bumpers but I love the gloss it added to the hood. Not bad for white!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts