Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, this will be my very first problem with the 4xe. But fortunately, it isn't a huge deal. I got the cold weather package and the steering wheel warmer was one of them. When turning it on for the first time this morning, it stays on for maybe 5 seconds, then automatically turns off. It doesn't stay on. With that said, if I turn the car off and on, if I turn on the steering wheel warmer on start up, it stays a little longer before turning off - maybe like 20 seconds. But it stays on long enough to actually know that the steering wheel warmer WORKS, it just doesnt stay on... Anyone else experience this?

I got my car from Mark Dodge out in Louisiana but am located out in california. I'm able to call any jeep dealership for help with any problems yeah?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, why do you need a steering wheel warmer in CA….lol. You can get service at any Jeep dealer.
lol. Not for daily driving as it is for the trips that we typically go on. Snowboarding trips, etc. And of course, you spend as much as you do on a car, you'd like the things you bought to actually work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh that's interesting. Its warm where I'm at so maybe that is the case? In researching this problem, it seems that there are mixed feedback on whether the heated steering wheel auto shuts off or not. Can anyone else confirm this?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Oh that's interesting. Its warm where I'm at so maybe that is the case? In researching this problem, it seems that there are mixed feedback on whether the heated steering wheel auto shuts off or not. Can anyone else confirm this?
From the manual

The steering wheel contains a heating element that helps warm your hands in cold weather. The heated steering wheel has only one temperature setting. Once the heated steering wheel has been turned on, it will stay on until the operator turns it off. The heated steering wheel may not turn on when it is already warm.
The heated steering wheel control button is located within the climate or controls screen of the touchscreen.
  • Push the heated steering wheel button
    once to turn the heating element on.
  • Push the heated steering wheel button
    a second time to turn the heating element off.
Note:
The engine must be running for the heated steering wheel to operate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting that. Hmm, what really spoke out to me was the "Note" at the bottom. Maybe its because I was running on strictly electric.... Let me see if it would work if the ICE is on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.