Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question for you all. Wanted to see if anyone has a solution for this. Yesterday I went to a ChargePoint public charging station. It was rated for 7kwh max. I read somewhere that the 4xe is rated for a max of 6kwh charging. Somehow when I checked out the ChargePoint app it was saying that I was only getting 3kwh. Why so slow? Anyone? Any tricks for boosting the speed on either the charger side or the 4xe side?

·
Registered
183 Posts
It is very common for public EVSEs to circuit share. Was it a multi plug set up? If your Jeep was the only vehicle on plug then you should have had the full 7.2kW. Is not, then the installer didn't set up the device properly or the unit was derating due to excessive e temp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
From the 4xe specs,
The Jeep 4xe maximum charge rate is 7.2kwh.
Maybe the Charge Point was power sharing, was there another vehicle plugged in to the same charger (pedestal)?
I used a ChargePoint yesterday, with no other car on the pedestal and it charged the Jeep in 2:45.
My Juice Box at home takes 2:08 to charge. So I wasn’t getting a full 7,2kwh from the Charge Point, more closer to 6kwh.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Have a question for you all. Wanted to see if anyone has a solution for this. Yesterday I went to a ChargePoint public charging station. It was rated for 7kwh max. I read somewhere that the 4xe is rated for a max of 6kwh charging. Somehow when I checked out the ChargePoint app it was saying that I was only getting 3kwh. Why so slow? Anyone? Any tricks for boosting the speed on either the charger side or the 4xe side?
I think it depends on the charger, how many people are using it, etc. I have used a number of Charepoint chargers and have experienced varying speed even though they all reported the same output.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, there was one other car plugged in. Perhaps that's why. I went to another station yesterday and was the only car plugged in. Got 6.02 kwh. Nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts