Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm in TN for the holidays and cleaning up things around the farm. Had an old stump that I was hoping would rot sooner than 5 years so I decided to pull it today. Smart thing would be to use the tractor. Fun thing was to try to use the 4xe.

Hooked a tree saver around it along with a regular tow strap, put the Jeep in 4-low and electric-only mode and eased forward to pull the slack out by slowly releasing the brake. After the slack was out, and the strap tightened, the stump just popped out. No lockers, no go pedal, no jerking...just a smooth pull from releasing the service brake

Granted it wasn't a huge stump, but I had kicked it a few times and pushed on it, etc... and it was in the ground pretty solid. All that torque at near zero speed is truly amazing. I'm so impressed with this Jeep even if there's a constant flow of folks not so happy with their purchase.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I've pulled some cypress stumps with my dad's old 4x4 Chevy van back in the day. Sure was fun. Can't wait to yank something the 4xe. There's something so primal and fulfilling about it, lol
I.know it shouldn't be so.much fun. I had planned to use the old CJ to do it, but the transmission and transfer case are sitting on the workbench. Maybe I'll get some time to put it back together during the holidays.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
OK, so I'm in TN for the holidays and cleaning up things around the farm. Had an old stump that I was hoping would rot sooner than 5 years so I decided to pull it today. Smart thing would be to use the tractor. Fun thing was to try to use the 4xe.

Hooked a tree saver around it along with a regular tow strap, put the Jeep in 4-low and electric-only mode and eased forward to pull the slack out by slowly releasing the brake. After the slack was out, and the strap tightened, the stump just popped out. No lockers, no go pedal, no jerking...just a smooth pull from releasing the service brake

Granted it wasn't a huge stump, but I had kicked it a few times and pushed on it, etc... and it was in the ground pretty solid. All that torque at near zero speed is truly amazing. I'm so impressed with this Jeep even if there's a constant flow of folks not so happy with their purchase.
Pics or you’re lying!
JK…

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know! Hahaha, too bad they didn't video it.
I thought about getting a video, but was so nervous about screwing something up, I wanted both hands free. I normally have my wife take the Jeep videos, but there's no way this event would have even happened if she had been around.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
I thought about getting a video, but was so nervous about screwing something up, I wanted both hands free. I normally have my wife take the Jeep videos, but there's no way this event would have even happened if she had been around.
Which is probably what keeps most of us married guys from doing really stupid stuff many times! 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts