Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, am new to the Jeep family. We have a beautiful 4xe now, and I am interested in lifting it. Suggestions for how much lift, tire size, etc. Also concerned what this does to a) gas mileage and b) operation of the electric mode. Does this cause issues? Are some programming adjustments required?

Thanks, Jeep Newbie

·
Registered
49 Posts
The only lift currently certified by Jeep is the mopar 2” 4xe lift. I have it on my Rubi 4xe and did not get 2” out of it. Electric mode is fine. I have38” tires and have experienced some rubbing. I really need the actual 2” or ideally more like 3.5” but I wheel a lot. Programming required for getting speedo to work with bigger tires. Gas is mileage is not just lift but whole package but yes it will be adversely effected to some degree. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put 1" spacer in the front and 1.5" in the rear and although i could put 35" tires with no concern of rubbing, i have kept the stock tires to maximize range. Looks, rides and climbs awesome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m relatively new to the off roading side of things as well. We got a Rubicon 4xe with the intent to build it up and take it out however stock it can do most anything given the know how and patience.
As for lifts AEV now has a 4xe 3 inch lift so with the Mopar you have the two choices. ZAutomotive Tazer Mini supports the 4xe and allows you to choose a tire size so your speedometer is accurate (among other cool things).
I emailed Teraflex about their lift and they’re 2-3 months out but perhaps worth the wait to have adjustable reservoir shocks so you can adjust the softness and stiffness of your ride. I want to do this to develop a “palate” for what the variance in stiffness feels like instead of getting a lift and just assuming it’s what I wanted or needed. As you load up your Jeep the additional weight requires stiffer suspension so you don’t go all wee levels wobble. The 4xe having and additional 600 or so lbs from standard requires a different setup than the gas and diesel JLU’s.
Something to consider is if you put larger tires on the axle, gear box and engine will have to work harder to rotate the additional mass. The Rubicon has axles and a gear ratio that should be able to handle 35”no problem but may start bogging with 37” tires.
All said we’re going to go up to 37” with a Teraflex 3.5 lift when it becomes available and swap out the gears if need be.
One of the early episodes S1E2 or 3 of Motortrends Dirt Everyday, Fred (the host) does a 2” lift on a sport and walks through the ins and out of what a lift entails. It’s a great show all the way around too. Hope this helps.
If you’re in Colorado I suggest going to talk to CJ at High Country 4x4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just upgraded my Sahara 4xE with ARB 4x4 Accessories!

• ARB Deluxe Front Bumper
  • ARB Intensity Solis Led Lights
  • ARB Diff Cover, Front and Back
  • ARB Rear Bumper
  • ARB Rock Sliders
  • ARB Tred Pro Red Recovery Boards
  • ARB Recovery Hydraulic Jack with Base
  • OLD MAN EMU BP-51 4-inch lift kit by ARB, (these are High-Performance Shocks)
  • Warn VR EVO 10.000 Lbs with Synthetic Rope
  • Factor55 Ultra Hook in Red
  • 35" Nitto Ridge Grappler
  • 22" x 12" Fuel Blitz Wheels in Tinted Gold
  • Fox Damper Shock

Everything as expected, phenomenal ride, and superb looks. Highly recommended for all Jeeps

I Live in Miami and made the installation at Mr. Wheels. Highly recommended as well if you want to make nice upgrades to your car!

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts