Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a wireless CarPlay adaptor after reading about it here, works great.

Every time I open the center console (car turned off) it seems to be on and I assume under power? I was under the impression USB items shut off when the car was off, this had me thinking that I read somewhere about plugged in items draining the battery (possibly the secondary?) and such, anything there to worry about? My car sits for days at a time, thanks.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
913 Posts
Jeeps and Rams do turn off USBs but opening doors will power them up again. Wouldn't think it an issue to leave connected. I've tried to recharge flashlights via USB and that doesn't work with the car off.

I picked up a wireless CarPlay adaptor after reading about it here, works great.

Every time I open the center console (car turned off) it seems to be on and I assume under power? I was under the impression USB items shut off when the car was off, this had me thinking that I read somewhere about plugged in items draining the battery (possibly the secondary?) and such, anything there to worry about? My car sits for days at a time, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts