Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm about to order a 2022 Rubicon in White. I've been going back and forth between black or white but decided on the white being here in Vegas. I have my build sheet, going with the sky top and all the safety and towing features. This forum has been extremely helpful as I went along this process.

My question is regarding the cargo tub and sill guards? I figured the tub was a cool option but it's making me buy these sill guards, do I need these? It's $125 and I'm tempted to add them to my build? Thought I'd ask here if anyone thinks these are needed or added them to their build?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
11 Posts
I ordered a 2022 and opted out of the Mopar ones. I will be getting the Quadratec ones because they are only $60 and I feel like they cover more of the sill. The driver’s side sill is a high traffic area and paint corrections are expensive.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would go for cheaper ones off Amazon or a site like Quadratec. I bought $30 sill guards that look like the black Mopar ones. I think the stainless steel were maybe $60. And not to be a downer but I would hold off on any expensive mods until later as mine has now been in shop for a month and it might get labeled as a lemon.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
11 Posts
I would go for cheaper ones off Amazon or a site like Quadratec. I bought $30 sill guards that look like the black Mopar ones. I think the stainless steel were maybe $60. And not to be a downer but I would hold off on any expensive mods until later as mine has now been in shop for a month and it might get labeled as a lemon.
I second the do not mod yet. I won’t buy anything the Jeep didn’t come with for at least a few months. I don’t want to be stuck with a ton of parts left over from invoking the Lemon Law or something else.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'll wait on these. I added the front camera to the build, this was the only other item that I'm unsure of? I plan on taking it off road but I assume dirt trails. I thought it may come in handy for parking?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts