Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Anyone else getting a 'random ding' without an alert or error of any kind? I can't quite pin down when this happens. I feel like it happens after I've been stopped (Park) and then I go again, and I get a ding, look at the dash, nothing. All is well and there are no vehicle info alerts in the UConnect app.

It may have to do with maybe charging was interrupted during my last charge session or something, but I'm speculating because the vehicle does nothing but this audible ding and everything else if fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there. Anyone else getting a 'random ding' without an alert or error of any kind? I can't quite pin down when this happens. I feel like it happens after I've been stopped (Park) and then I go again, and I get a ding, look at the dash, nothing. All is well and there are no vehicle info alerts in the UConnect app.

It may have to do with maybe charging was interrupted during my last charge session or something, but I'm speculating because the vehicle does nothing but this audible ding and everything else if fine.
I have heard it in mine. I believe it is when the low speed artificial noise shuts off at 20 mph. I need to see if there is a way to shut it off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had it happen today. Sounded like the beginning of the seatbelt reminder. Had just started it and we had just buckled But wasn’t in gear.

·
Registered
White Ruby
17 Posts
My seatbelt reminder is ringing much longer then it should. First noticed it when I had 4 people, and turned around to see who wasn’t buckled (It never did it before this point), but everyone was buckled, including me. It stopped after about 3-5 seconds. But now I notice it will do it even when I’m the only one in the Jeep, but not quite as long.
I’m wondering if the weight sensors in the seats are “stuck” or something during start up.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I hear it as well, I haven’t been able to figure it out yet, but for me it’s when I first start the keep and drive away. Seat belt is on. It within the 1st 30 seconds of driving

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, well, I will try to make more note of exactly when it happens.

My current theory is that it is UConnect notification related. If you have the UConnect app, specifically that the ding indicates there are UConnect notifications.

It doesn't happen all the time. (What changed?)
It isn't accompanied with a dash indication of any kind.
See this screenshot below. When it most recently happened it was after the charge was interrupted (see below).

Product Font Material property Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
608 Posts
It's the blind spot warning. It mostly happens when making left hand turns on multi-lane turning lanes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the blind spot warning. It mostly happens when making left hand turns on multi-lane turning lanes.
I've heard that ding too, but I don't think this is that. This ding is more like the startup ding and 'ping-ier' - one - ping - only - but I'll make sure next time. It has happened mostly in parking lots, never with the turn signal on or changing lanes that I can remember.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, just figured out part of the mystery. This ding happens when the seat belt light is on, but then goes off. I happened to be looking at the dah and saw the seat belt light on. Checked that myself and my passenger were belted. Then, as I was watching the light disappeared and as it did so there was a single chime. Why?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heard it. Used to hear it in my JK randomly. Seems to just be a “hey, I’m here” ding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Sahara
15 Posts
Yes, I hear it too. I usually notice it when leaving home and attributed it to the seatbelt warning, but it is a single ding when the seatbelt is engaged. Not sure why.

As it happens, I do turn left out of my neighborhood, so the blindspot theory is interesting/plausible.

·
Registered
Sahara
15 Posts
It is definitely associated with the seatbelt, but I am noticing that it does not happen all of the time. The ding happens when the seatbelt light goes off after I have it buckled.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think if you setup favorite artists or songs on SiriusXM you will get an audible notification, fyi. I don't hear it in my Jeep as I don't have any setup, but goes off in my sister's 2018 GC.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you start up without a seatbelt fastened, it gives you a punishment ding after about 30 seconds. Even if you put it in park when running and unbuckled and rebuckle before returning to drive, you get the ding punishment. Jeep is very concerned for your safety, obviously.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've heard that ding too, but I don't think this is that. This ding is more like the startup ding and 'ping-ier' - one - ping - only - but I'll make sure next time. It has happened mostly in parking lots, never with the turn signal on or changing lanes that I can remember.
Way late responding but I can’t help but read “one - ping - only“ in Sean Connery’s voice! 🤣

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
58 Posts
I’ve had weirdness with seatbelt chimes for a while; get the random ding, and the other day my daughter was buckled in the front and it took maybe 30s to turn the light off. Not sure what’s up, I’ll keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine was definitely the Sirius radio favorite song alert. It took a couple of times for me to realize it, lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts