Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to drain my gas as much as possible because I had $.20 off a gallon at our local place. I had it down to under a quarter left and was watching the range meter. I had no more battery (<1%) as I was driving home from work. It went from 33 miles left to suddenly “range low”. So just FYI for anyone else trying to push the limit and wondering how far they could go.

·
Registered
245 Posts
So I was trying to drain my gas as much as possible because I had $.20 off a gallon at our local place. I had it down to under a quarter left and was watching the range meter. I had no more battery (<1%) as I was driving home from work. It went from 33 miles left to suddenly “range low”. So just FYI for anyone else trying to push the limit and wondering how far they could go.
Range LOW happened to me, too. This was around the same, I'd say 25-35KM (miles may be different) but same as when I had our 2019 Rogue, the range would go --- instead of showing right around the 20-30km mark.

A dealer once told me that when range hits low, it basically means get gas ASAP and usually you can grab 20-30KM or 40-50MI.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Others have reported that zero means zero. Seems plenty of people are used to the vehicle lying about the range and have run their Wranglers out of gas. Some unlucky enough without battery (if they are in a 4xe).

I think running out of gas with battery reserves will cause a turtle light. At some point the 4xe will refuse to go when it has to protect the battery.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Others have reported that zero means zero. Seems plenty of people are used to the vehicle lying about the range and have run their Wranglers out of gas. Some unlucky enough without battery (if they are in a 4xe).

I think running out of gas with battery reserves will cause a turtle light. At some point the 4xe will refuse to go when it has to protect the battery.
Yes to the turtle light Brandon Haneline did a video on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.