Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Thought I would share a real world drive results. 98.6 miles of continuous driving.

The setup.

• Hybrid Mode the whole time
  • Full Charge Battery
  • Almost full gas tank
  • 50 degrees
  • NorthEast - some hills but mostly highway - 95% highway miles
  • Auto Climate control
  • Adaptive Cruise for most of the drive - set to 74
  • Light to medium traffic
  • MAX REGEN on whole time

I saw 41.9 MPG right before reaching <1 %

This show the sweet spot for the wrangler 4XE is drives <40miles before plugging in again. But I was a fun ride!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am waiting my 4xe build. But based on my current 19 wrangler with 4cyl turbo and owning the Pacifica Plug in Hybrid, you take a hit on MPG and battery using adaptive cruise control. I think the adaptive doesn’t feather the acceleration as well as a person. Maybe this is more so in my mostly city commutes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am waiting my 4xe build. But based on my current 19 wrangler with 4cyl turbo and owning the Pacifica Plug in Hybrid, you take a hit on MPG and battery using adaptive cruise control. I think the adaptive doesn’t feather the acceleration as well as a person. Maybe this is more so in my mostly city commutes.
I was suspecting that. You are only driving as well as the person in front of you. People have a habit of accelerating past a point that is of use and then hit the brakes constantly, not realizing they are making things go slower. I like to average it out.

But it's so much fun! I get a kick out of the stop/start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts