Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Thought I would share a real world drive results. 98.6 miles of continuous driving.

The setup.

• Hybrid Mode the whole time
  • Full Charge Battery
  • Almost full gas tank
  • 50 degrees
  • NorthEast - some hills but mostly highway - 95% highway miles
  • Auto Climate control
  • Adaptive Cruise for most of the drive - set to 74
  • Light to medium traffic
  • MAX REGEN on whole time

I saw 41.9 MPG right before reaching <1 %

This show the sweet spot for the wrangler 4XE is drives <40miles before plugging in again. But I was a fun ride!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am waiting my 4xe build. But based on my current 19 wrangler with 4cyl turbo and owning the Pacifica Plug in Hybrid, you take a hit on MPG and battery using adaptive cruise control. I think the adaptive doesn’t feather the acceleration as well as a person. Maybe this is more so in my mostly city commutes.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am waiting my 4xe build. But based on my current 19 wrangler with 4cyl turbo and owning the Pacifica Plug in Hybrid, you take a hit on MPG and battery using adaptive cruise control. I think the adaptive doesn’t feather the acceleration as well as a person. Maybe this is more so in my mostly city commutes.
I was suspecting that. You are only driving as well as the person in front of you. People have a habit of accelerating past a point that is of use and then hit the brakes constantly, not realizing they are making things go slower. I like to average it out.

But it's so much fun! I get a kick out of the stop/start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Thought I would share a real world drive results. 98.6 miles of continuous driving.

The setup.

• Hybrid Mode the whole time
  • Full Charge Battery
  • Almost full gas tank
  • 50 degrees
  • NorthEast - some hills but mostly highway - 95% highway miles
  • Auto Climate control
  • Adaptive Cruise for most of the drive - set to 74
  • Light to medium traffic
  • MAX REGEN on whole time

I saw 41.9 MPG right before reaching <1 %

This show the sweet spot for the wrangler 4XE is drives <40miles before plugging in again. But I was a fun ride!!

View attachment 464
Hi! Thanks for this test ride,
I'm from Italy and I'm wondering if it make sense for me to buy that car.
So if I figure out correctly you run 98,9 mi with 1 complete battery charge, in hybrid mode with an average of 26,2 MPG?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi! Thanks for this test ride,
I'm from Italy and I'm wondering if it make sense for me to buy that car.
So if I figure out correctly you run 98,9 mi with 1 complete battery charge, in hybrid mode with an average of 26,2 MPG?
Correct! for my daily driving much shorter trips I am averaging 37 MPG. I am averaging 2 to 1 ratio I drive 2 electric miles for every gas mile. For example over 1500 miles of daily driving I drove 1000 electric and 500 gas miles, with that I achieved 37 MPG.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Correct! for my daily driving much shorter trips I am averaging 37 MPG. I am averaging 2 to 1 ratio I drive 2 electric miles for every gas mile. For example over 1500 miles of daily driving I drove 1000 electric and 500 gas miles, with that I achieved 37 MPG.

Hope that helps.
yes thanks it helps, the data that is difficult to find is the fuel consuption on long trips. usually i drive 40 km a day to work so full electric is perfect, but I need the car also for my family trips and this give me an idea of how many miles (more or less) a battery charge could last in hybrid mode befeore use only gas with an higher fuel consuption.
thanks again!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just picked mine up and began the initial shake down process. Part way through driving last night I snapped a pic when the battery got to exactly 1% (attached). This morning it's got 170 miles and 3/4 of a tank of gas left. We will not charge it until the tank gets to near-empty to gauge an initial real-world hybrid range for our suburban driving (5mph to 55mph mix cruising and stop&go urban town driving).

It "appears" that we'll be able to do ~400 miles range without any recharging for our local running around. I've been varying the engine rpm and throttle load to seat the rings properly. Very happy thus far.

Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Car Vehicle

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just picked mine up and began the initial shake down process. Part way through driving last night I snapped a pic when the battery got to exactly 1% (attached). This morning it's got 170 miles and 3/4 of a tank of gas left. We will not charge it until the tank gets to near-empty to gauge an initial real-world hybrid range for our suburban driving (5mph to 55mph mix cruising and stop&go urban town driving).

It "appears" that we'll be able to do ~400 miles range without any recharging for our local running around. I've been varying the engine rpm and throttle load to seat the rings properly. Very happy thus far.

View attachment 2068
Welcome to the 4xe family. It does make the drive more interesting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts