Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who received their new 4xe tell me the dimensions (length and width) of the rear cargo area...thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks like ~30" deep and ~39" wide, and that's take the shortest measure of each, you know, since it's not a perfect box. Like there's a point where something 42" wide could fit if it was small enough to tuck in the area closest to the seats. Also the "shelf" behind the seats is slightly curved so it's more like 30" in the middle 1/3 and 31--ish on the ends (measured front-to-rear).

The depth is a touch deceptive as the rear door closes a good bit into the cargo area (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, let me know if you want a pic of the measurement or anything, we did a test "back in" today, to get a sense of how it would fit in the garage, and I'm looking at hoists for the top, so the tape measure was sitting right in the cargo area :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, let me know if you want a pic of the measurement or anything, we did a test "back in" today, to get a sense of how it would fit in the garage, and I'm looking at hoists for the top, so the tape measure was sitting right in the cargo area :D
That would be amazing if you don't mind.

·
Registered
171 Posts
OK, got a bunch, the tape body adds +3" to the overall measurement. I'll do them in groups so the related photos will be together, one pics to show the endpoints and another to show the length :)

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here I was trying to give you a sense of the width up higher, you know, if you were really stuffing things in like pillows/sleeping bags, etc., things that can be smashed down. And then the other two: one shows the slight divot in the rear shelf, and I also measured the (hard) top to chassis, again, you could sandwich all sorts of smaller items between the top the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the measurements!!! Has anyone confirmed that you can lay the freedom panels in the back without propping them up? 30” seems right in line with the short side. I’d check myself but I have been in the black hole of despair waiting to get out of final quality inspection 🙄.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the measurements!!! Has anyone confirmed that you can lay the freedom panels in the back without propping them up? 30” seems right in line with the short side. I’d check myself but I have been in the black hole of despair waiting to get out of final quality inspection 🙄.
I'll check this out right now, I'm a little curious myself (our FPs are already in the bag ...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance you could share the measurement from tailgate to passenger seat with the back seat folded down? I know there is quite the ledge where the battery is, but looking at overland platform options. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the pictures, super bummed about not being able to lay them flat. Maybe I’ll eBay some cheap black panels for the summer to huck in the back however they fit. One 1st world problem at a time I guess.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Any chance you could share the measurement from tailgate to passenger seat with the back seat folded down? I know there is quite the ledge where the battery is, but looking at overland platform options. Thanks in advance!
Oh yeah, will do tomorrow morning :)

Thank you for the pictures, super bummed about not being able to lay them flat. Maybe I’ll eBay some cheap black panels for the summer to huck in the back however they fit. One 1st world problem at a time I guess.
I'm +thinking+ they can stand up, but against one side, so you have a mostly open view through the rear window, and there's plenty of places to strap them securely, using the exposed frame.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts