Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sahara 4xe with 11,000 miles and 0 modifications. We have had only 1 problem with the Jeep in 8 months of ownership, a CEL for the gas cap. Recently, I am hearing a lot of noise coming from the rear end. It sounds like it is coming from the suspension. It’s hard to describe the noise, but I would say it sounds like if you jumped up and down on the bumper of an old truck. Has anyone else had suspension issues?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also have a squeak. I do not have the Sky One Touch soft top. I thought it was coming from where the tailgate meets the seal on the back window. Reapplied anti-friction tape and it appeared to work for a bit, but now it sounds like it is coming back on large bumps. I might try the hinges in the video.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Sahara 4xe with 11,000 miles and 0 modifications. We have had only 1 problem with the Jeep in 8 months of ownership, a CEL for the gas cap. Recently, I am hearing a lot of noise coming from the rear end. It sounds like it is coming from the suspension. It’s hard to describe the noise, but I would say it sounds like if you jumped up and down on the bumper of an old truck. Has anyone else had suspension issues?
if it's squeaking it's the disc brake shield I got under mine and move it and duplicated the sound to the tee , now it's warmer and I don't hear it anymore. I do
how ever trying to track down a clunk type noise in the rear sounds like it;s inside the vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just saw this thread. I have been complaining about the same issue from almost day one. I also heard a lot of noise coming from the rear end and it also sounded like it is coming from the suspension. Well after three trips to the dealer and a lot of time without my Jeep. This last time they took it to a collision shop and told me today they found out the rear was loose and said it appears that it was that way from the factory. They said that they were able to fix it and realign the jeep, as well as replace the shocks. But my concern is if the rear was loose, how did that effect the axel and drive train. And are they going to warranty all those parts involved. I am going to place a call to Jeep customer service and open a claim and see what happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a noise too when I am going slowly, usually after initially starting to drive or when coming to a stop/slowdown after being on the freeway. It is less squeaky and more creaky, like what you would expect an old car to sound like. It has to be the top in my assessment, not the suspension or the rear end. I haven't done the next step of having someone else drive while I sit back there. It is infrequent too, not all the time. It's annoying, but not the end of the world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts