Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone has had an issue with the rear locker light coming on and flashing alert. Does not seem to engage. This is while driving in 2H and 4H auto.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the lockers only engage in 4 low.
They are only supposed to engage in low. These lights are coming on in instrument cluster and also on locker switch itself without me touching anything and I’m in High. Wondering if anyone has had same because currently at dealers and no one knows issue/how to correct. Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if the sensor on the rear is loose or something. Sounds like wiring or an unplugged connector to me. I'd take a quick look at the rear diff to see if the problem is obvious before taking it in for warranty work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I wonder if the sensor on the rear is loose or something. Sounds like wiring or an unplugged connector to me. I'd take a quick look at the rear diff to see if the problem is obvious before taking it in for warranty work.
Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh boy—hope you’re not having the same issue I’ve had twice already in 20K miles with my Gladiator Rubicon. In both situations, the rear locker light would begin flashing randomly on its own and stay flashing. Trying to “disengage” them was futile as it wouldn’t do anything. The first time it happened, the lockers were luckily unlocked. This most recent issue though, they became stuck engaged.

as I type this I have been waiting over a week for an entire new rear axle assembly to arrive which is the only way they can replace the sensor which is the issue. This will be the second new rear axle assembly as a result. What happens is the seal around the sensor fails and fluid gets inside and it goes downhill from there.

this may or may not be the same issue you’re referencing but sharing as an FYI. Seems very common amongst JL Wranglers and JT Gladiators especially if you’ve been towing (like I do).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Someone else mentioned this. I brought it up to the dealer - and they say different code. I have the tow package but only owned the Jeep for 48 hours when started happening. So nothing towed yet. 300 miles on it. Frustrating! Thanks for your insight!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Happened to me tonight on highway. Going 75 abs light comes on dash and rear locked light flashes. It shut off. Then back on again…. And shut off. Then on again and did not turn off. On a road trip so am 1200 miles from home in a hotel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As of today, they are saying I need a drive train control module. Dealership is waiting to hear back from engineers for final ok. Not sure if your issue will be the same- but wanted to let you know. Mine didn’t seem to interfere with driving/safety. Hopefully yours isn’t either. Safe travels

·
Registered
20 Posts
Went in for service and they performed 5 RRT’s but it did not alleviate this issue. Still intermittently occurring, but Jeep seems to run fine. I guess another visit to dealership

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went in for service and they performed 5 RRT’s but it did not alleviate this issue. Still intermittently occurring, but Jeep seems to run fine. I guess another visit to dealership
They ordered a drive train control module for mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did the control module come in yet, and did it work? Thanks!
So Jeep changed their mind. They aren’t sure that’s the fix so currently no fix known at this point. I’m driving it. It still happens intermittently when I’m slowing down and turning the wheel but seems to be just the light flashing - lockers aren’t engaging. Doesn’t interfere with driving at all so far. Dealership took more info/codes and sent them to the engineers - no further word yet. Are you having similar issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So Jeep changed their mind. They aren’t sure that’s the fix so currently no fix known at this point. I’m driving it. It still happens intermittently when I’m slowing down and turning the wheel but seems to be just the light flashing - lockers aren’t engaging. Doesn’t interfere with driving at all so far. Dealership took more info/codes and sent them to the engineers - no further word yet. Are you having similar issue?
Mine is on all the time now (the light), the lockers seem to work fine. I met someone on a trail that has the same symptoms I have and they are replacing the rear axle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine is on all the time now (the light), the lockers seem to work fine. I met someone on a trail that has the same symptoms I have and they are replacing the rear axle
That’s what I hear they do w gladiators for this issue. I guess it’s a sensor but the fix is to replace the whole axle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If it is the Rear Axle replacement, good luck. Been waiting well over a month now on my Gladiator to get a new rear axle as they are on “National backorder” from this issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If it is the Rear Axle replacement, good luck. Been waiting well over a month now on my Gladiator to get a new rear axle as they are on “National backorder” from this issue.
Ugh! Sorry to hear that! Is yours driveable?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts