Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4XE Sahara
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode in the back of our 4XE today. The shoulder belt was strangling me as it came over my neck. At 6'2", I can't imagine how bad it is for shorter people that ride back there. Is anyone aware of any solutions (remounting or aftermarket gadgets) to fix this issue?

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
70 Posts
Maybe give these guys a try?

There is an adjustable length version as well as the rigid one that might work to reposition how and where the shoulder strap crosses over the body. But do contact them directly through their chat/message feature before placing an order to make sure they have one that fits. I haven’t checked if the JL version would work with the 4xe’s.

Also a disclaimer, I have been eyeing this product but have not yet tried it for myself. I’ve only read of positive results from their reviews. One reviewer did mention it solved the problem on an older model jeep (2018, maybe, can’t recall), the rear seat belt strap cutting across his/her neck.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4XE Sahara
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe give these guys a try?

There is an adjustable length version as well as the rigid one that might work to reposition how and where the shoulder strap crosses over the body. But do contact them directly through their chat/message feature before placing an order to make sure they have one that fits. I haven’t checked if the JL version would work with the 4xe’s.

Also a disclaimer, I have been eyeing this product but have not yet tried it for myself. I’ve only read of positive results from their reviews. One reviewer did mention it solved the problem on an older model jeep (2018, maybe, can’t recall), the rear seat belt strap cutting across his/her neck.
Those are intriguing. The 10" version they have could effectively move the seatbelt a good way across your body. Not sure of the impact to comfort level with the buckle component moved over so far, but it has to be better than what is happening now...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wouldnt have thought that a taller person would have that issue. Now Im wondering how shorties will be back there if you are having an issue. Thank you for bringing this up so I can find a solution for passengers.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4XE Sahara
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was really disconcerting, and surprising it isn't a wider-reported issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts