Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with a rear seat cover? Basically my kids are a mess and I've been looking at the universal dog/kid rear seat covered. Just seeing if anyone has one that fits OK. I'm not looking for anything too fancy just a basic cover that fits decent.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes small children are essentially the equivalent of having barnyard animals in your house/vehicle. I have the canvasback one it works well for me:

You have to lift it off the bottom part of the seats if you want to fold the seats down but not too much of an issue.

These child seat protectors from weathertech are great if you have car seats, they collect bits of food very well and protect from indentations:

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
I've been trying to find seat covers for our 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4xe as well. The product sites typically lump years 2018 - 2022 together under JL, JK, etc, as if they are universal, however, one site specifically stated that the rear covers don't fit 4xe seats due to a cooling system or something built into those seats for the batteries. Has anyone else heard anything like that? I haven't seen anything like that mentioned before, but if it's true, I wonder if the size of the seats is the issue, or covering/blocking the airflow. :unsure:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up getting a 30$ Amazon special. I'll try to find the exact one but it has the seat belt cuts and sits over the rear headrest. Put 2 car seats on top and is protecting the rear seat from pop tarts and milk rather nicely.

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
I ended up getting a 30$ Amazon special. I'll try to find the exact one but it has the seat belt cuts and sits over the rear headrest. Put 2 car seats on top and is protecting the rear seat from pop tarts and milk rather nicely.
Those would be the two materials I'd test with as well, so that's good to know! 😄 Dogs got nuthin' on kids!

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
913 Posts
The rear seats in the 4xe are slightly elevated compared to other JLs. I don't know for certain but if imagine the seats are the same but the brackets are different. Wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't confirm fitment and it's just easier to say they don't fit until they confirm otherwise... Just a guess though.

I've been trying to find seat covers for our 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4xe as well. The product sites typically lump years 2018 - 2022 together under JL, JK, etc, as if they are universal, however, one site specifically stated that the rear covers don't fit 4xe seats due to a cooling system or something built into those seats for the batteries. Has anyone else heard anything like that? I haven't seen anything like that mentioned before, but if it's true, I wonder if the size of the seats is the issue, or covering/blocking the airflow. :unsure:

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
The rear seats in the 4xe are slightly elevated compared to other JLs. I don't know for certain but if imagine the seats are the same but the brackets are different. Wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't confirm fitment and it's just easier to say they don't fit until they confirm otherwise... Just a guess though.
That's as good a guess as any. I've not been able to find any other mention of it, or that it's detrimental to cover the seats due to any type of airflow issue or otherwise. You're probably right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you happen to track down which exact rear seat cover you got from Amazon? I am working on my accessories list for when my 4xe eventually arrives.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

This is what I have. Cheap, and perfect for strapping two car seats on top of. Covers everything. Durable. Not a custom fitted cover but protects very well.
thanks exactly what I need it for, keep these pesky kids from trashing my new leather seats, once my 4xe actually gets here, gonna be a few months

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks exactly what I need it for, keep these pesky kids from trashing my new leather seats, once my 4xe actually gets here, gonna be a few months
Between that and the all weather mats, I'm protecting pretty well. Only thing I need now is a rear cargo area mat. We live in the Florida panhandle and the beach sand is inevitable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts