Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Rubicon 4xe
31 Posts
One good reason to do this would be to have a flat space to sleep. I used to do this with a normal Wrangler and it works surprisingly well for this 5'10" guy.

But I like having a back seat, so I ended up going with the JKloud hammock as a sleep in the back solution. It works ok, it would work much better in a non-4xe Wrangler. I've slept in it about 3x times. Installation requires you to cut some of the trim on the roll bar at the very rear of the car, and you don't get the full benefit of a hammock in a 4xe as your butt hits the rear seat (even when folded down). Adding a sleeping pad made a big difference last camp, put it between the hammock and the top of the back seat, so my butt wasn't sitting on a hard surface all night. Im hesitant to recommend it to 4xe owners, as it doesn't work as exactly as intended. But,for sleeping in the back of a vehicle, it's pretty dang great.

Not sure if you can add links to other forums here, but if it gets removed, just search for "4xe rear seat removal platform" in Google and you'll come across it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts