Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to get scheduled for the new updates for the I was told I have a recall on a cable. They didn't seem to know anything else and said they didn't have the part in yet.

Anyone have any idea or heard of this? I can't think of many cables other than parking brake, fuel release, and park release.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you look on the Mopar companion app, there's a campaign for a seal on the high voltage cable connector.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see it, "2021 JL PHEV HV Cable Connector Seal"

If I click on the notice the Mopar app crashes. This might be related to some of them having gotten wet.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could also be something vendor/date of manufacture specific. Mine shows under campaign. What's you manufacture date? Mine is April 1sr.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jeep just called me and helped me schedule for the recall and the 5 RTRs (I have an open ticket for regen issues), she said the recall just came out today so it may not show for all effected just yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just checked, I have it. Sounds like it's a seal on the high voltage wires - I seem to recall a story of someone fording some water and having issues, I'm guessing it's that cable?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Dealer Service department just reached out to see how my service was performed yesterday. I mentioned if there were any recalls in the system and verified that a campaign for 2021 JL PHEV HV Cable Connector Seal -
He had to order the part and scheduled me in to return in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
64 Posts
Thanks to this thread, had me looking... entering my VIN on the Mopar site yielded the campaign notice:

Product Font Material property Rectangle Parallel

So called up the dealership service department and scheduled an appointment for next week. What he said is they have a bunch of the part ordered and should be in on Tuesday, however, not all vehicles may need a replacement. They have a note on there stating they must inspect the seal to determine whether or not a replacement is necessary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I put in my VIN with the May 28 build date, it shows no recalls. Perhaps they identified and resolved the manufacturing error prior to my build date? It would be nice to find some pattern or time box to these issues so at least some people could worry about other things.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I put in my VIN with the May 28 build date, it shows no recalls. Perhaps they identified and resolved the manufacturing error prior to my build date? It would be nice to find some pattern or time box to these issues so at least some people could worry about other things.
I just went here with my VIN, no other details needed and no login required:

Font Number Circle Document Screenshot

·
Registered
64 Posts
yep.. my VIN has no recalls associated with it.
perhaps an intern is still manually updating the database one VIN at a time... It could also be that they’re absolutely sure your batch had been diligently assembled.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It could also be that they’re absolutely sure your batch had been diligently assembled
That would actually be a great thing. It seems that lots of these older posts started around April, which means earlier build dates. What is a reasonable amount of time to pass between when something is assembled, shipped, sold, failed, and diagnosed? 60 days? It's not unreasonable to think that an assembly line or part issue from February-April would have been resolved on the assembly line by May. But, since research takes time, mechanics weren't ready to know what to look for in the field, statistics needed to be reviewed, donuts eaten, and coffee drank, it took a few more months to identify, replicate, hypothesize, repair, test, regression test.... And you get a recall in September for a 5-7 month old issue.
Maybe I'm being too ˌpollyannish, but I want to drive my car without worry and hope that all the problem brought up here and elsewhere will be resolved.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the web site link. Much better than the mopar app.

According to Y46:

"The high voltage cable connection on your vehicle may have a rolled seal."

·
Registered
462 Posts
Checked my VIN in the app and the website, no recalls or campaigns. Built in June.

For those getting the campaign alert, what is your build date?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts