Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So brought my 4xe for the recall/ update and long story short it’s going to take a week , said that it has 7 updates and parts needed . 4 days for the parts to come as well… they gave me a loaner at least but does this make sense to everyone ? Does it take this long ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had to wait about 2-3 days just for the recall part. But that was after my Jeep had already been in the shop for a week for engine shutting off. Why they didn’t order the recall part when I first brought it in I don’t understand. Who knows what is really going on. Glad you got a loaner.

·
Registered
JL Rubicon 4Xe 2021
14 Posts
At least there is a recall campaign! This shows that Jeep is looking to improve its product.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just took mine in yesterday.
7 things to do also.
  • 5 are software updates (takes 2-3 hours total for those)
  • 1 is the seal inspection (Takes 30 minutes to inspect, Not sure how long if they have to replace anything. (side note, my dealership said they have only done 3 and 0 needed to replaced)
  • 1 is the gas cap tether (replace with shorted one). They did not have the part for this so they did not complete this.

So they ordered the gas cap tether and I had my car back in about 3 to 3-1/2 hours.

7 Days seems crazy unless you they have to actually replace the seals after inspection. Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They confirmed the seals needed to be done , Jeep had to be powered down etc, first one thye ever worked on as well, hope this will be it with recalls

·
Registered
21 Posts
So brought my 4xe for the recall/ update and long story short it’s going to take a week , said that it has 7 updates and parts needed . 4 days for the parts to come as well… they gave me a loaner at least but does this make sense to everyone ? Does it take this long ?
Mine took 2 weeks for the SW updates. Dealership had to work with Jeep to get the SW to take.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just brought mine in for the 6 RRT's, service advisor says should be done by end of day; if not, tomorrow morning. Hope it doesn't take 7 days!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow 2 weeks ?? Has anyone noticed any difference after the recall/ updates ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anything feel different with the software updates ? Like smoother trans shift etc

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dropped mine off at 930am and picked it up at 3pm, Anyone know what these updates actually do?
One of the updates keeps max regen on or off from whether you had it on or off before you turn the Jeep off. Other than that I haven’t noticed much. So far I’ve had mine a little over a week since being in the shop and no problems. I do notice a chime like the CEL indicator on occasion but there are no messages on the dash and everything is running. It’s also not the favorite song indicator on Sirius which is lower pitched. Has anyone else noticed this ping chime?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Brought mine in last Thursday for the Y46 Campaign. The parts were already at the shop, was supposed to be a 1-day job. Fast forward to today and they have no idea why the Jeep-branded brick won’t startup. Apparently there is a Chrysler-group engineer coming in to try to fix. And no loaner, they brought me to Hertz to pickup a rental (on their dime) but all that was available was a massive white cargo van. No Thanks.

Unbelievable how Jeep can activate a Recall Campaign yet not be prepared to actually complete the campaign. I know the product is relatively new, but to me no excuse to not be prepared nor able to resolve. And the dealer experience is far less than acceptable.

I REALLY want to love my Jeep, but the Dealership and Corporate ends are doing everything they can to challenge that.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
114 Posts
Yes, I have the random chime with no messages as well.
If it’s not Sirius, could it be one of the many manny features (which I went without) like Blind-Spot alert, collision, lame assist warnings and all those electronic extras? Previous wrangler owners have reported beeps when exceeding speed limits or by school zones, and so on… but on my 4xe, the speed limit warning is verbal by the female bot and I don’t see an option to switch her nags into beeps instead in NAV settings—it’s either a check on or off.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
114 Posts
Brought mine in last Thursday for the Y46 Campaign. The parts were already at the shop, was supposed to be a 1-day job. Fast forward to today and they have no idea why the Jeep-branded brick won’t startup. Apparently there is a Chrysler-group engineer coming in to try to fix. And no loaner, they brought me to Hertz to pickup a rental (on their dime) but all that was available was a massive white cargo van. No Thanks.

Unbelievable how Jeep can activate a Recall Campaign yet not be prepared to actually complete the campaign. I know the product is relatively new, but to me no excuse to not be prepared nor able to resolve. And the dealer experience is far less than acceptable.

I REALLY want to love my Jeep, but the Dealership and Corporate ends are doing everything they can to challenge that.
That’s the kind of scary story that has me nervous picking out a service center to use each time… it sounds like the dealership techs managed to brick your vehicle in an otherwise seemingly simple task?

·
Registered
51 Posts
That’s the kind of scary story that has me nervous picking out a service center to use each time… it sounds like the dealership techs managed to brick your vehicle in an otherwise seemingly simple task?
It's not clear as it doesn't sound like anyone actually knows what's going on. An engineer is supposed to visit the dealership today to try to figure it out, and Jeep Customer Care stated that they had a number of similar situations come up. So no telling where this will go. I went in the other day when they were trying to set me up with a rental and they showed me that pressing the Start button turned the vehicle on, but all sorts of charging errors popped up. It wouldn't surprise me if it was something as simple as a fuse not being fully seated that's causing it.

Regardless of the work on the Jeep, it's the lack of support on the backend. While the dealer did 'reserve' a rental for me and were going to pay for it, to drop me off at a Hertz without verifying that an actual passenger vehicle was available and reserved wasn't great. But then to not have another option for me other than to send me home without a vehicle and wait to see what might be available in the next couple of days is even more disappointing. When a 3-month old vehicle is in service for warranty/recall work and looks like it will be out of service for over a week, the dealer should be doing more to make sure I have a loaner. Give me a demo/used vehicle...something...but don't leave me without a vehicle when you can't figure out what's wrong with mine and have no idea how long it will be.

Maybe another dealer service might have been better, but this is the one I purchased from and is closest to my home.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow sorry to hear this , mine is no better i could not even get in touch with anyone , seems that this dealer is using an outside call center to take service calls and to make appointments .. nuts but they did give me a Jeep loaner , It’s just nuts it takes this long , but on the bright side I save miles on my Jeep lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's not clear as it doesn't sound like anyone actually knows what's going on. An engineer is supposed to visit the dealership today to try to figure it out, and Jeep Customer Care stated that they had a number of similar situations come up. So no telling where this will go. I went in the other day when they were trying to set me up with a rental and they showed me that pressing the Start button turned the vehicle on, but all sorts of charging errors popped up. It wouldn't surprise me if it was something as simple as a fuse not being fully seated that's causing it.

Regardless of the work on the Jeep, it's the lack of support on the backend. While the dealer did 'reserve' a rental for me and were going to pay for it, to drop me off at a Hertz without verifying that an actual passenger vehicle was available and reserved wasn't great. But then to not have another option for me other than to send me home without a vehicle and wait to see what might be available in the next couple of days is even more disappointing. When a 3-month old vehicle is in service for warranty/recall work and looks like it will be out of service for over a week, the dealer should be doing more to make sure I have a loaner. Give me a demo/used vehicle...something...but don't leave me without a vehicle when you can't figure out what's wrong with mine and have no idea how long it will be.

Maybe another dealer service might have been better, but this is the one I purchased from and is closest to my home.
Hi dallascajun,
We would be happy to look into this for you. Please follow up with us via PM.

Rob
Jeep Cares

1 - 20 of 44 Posts