Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Is there any way to tell what the new software updates do besides locking the max regen ? Any enhancements or improvements etc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I received an update on Friday that apparently a wiring harness overheated during the update process and burned a couple of pins. Not much more detail than that but they were waiting on parts to be sent over. As of today, one of the parts came in, but the other isn’t scheduled to be delivered until this Friday.

So the good news is that parts are coming in. The disappointing news is that parts were ordered on a Friday and not being delivered until the next Friday. I don’t know If I’m being spoiled, but after this long in the shop, I expected a little more urgency or effort to resolve ASAP and ship overnight (or 2-day) and get it fixed before the weekend…not what appears to be ground transport that will undoubtedly push the repair over yet a 3rd weekend.

Will I be glad IF this works and I get my 4xe back? Yes. Will I be satisfied? I’m struggling to think so. I understand there are all sorts of crazy situations we’re living through right now with supply chains and transportation, but if I can place an order through a retailer (not Amazon) and get it in 3 days or less, you would think that something like this could be delivered in less than 7 days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi dallascajun,
We would be happy to look into this for you. Please follow up with us via PM.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Thanks for the offer, I’ve been in touch with Jeep Customer Care for over a week now. They’ve tried to provide some feedback as to status of the situation, but not much in terms of urgency to get this resolved any sooner. Right now the dealership isn’t expecting all of the needed parts until this Friday, which pushes the actual repair work to next week. And that’s assuming the resolution the engineer determined was needed actually works. Finger Crossed…

Reactions: IdahoJOAT

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for the offer, I’ve been in touch with Jeep Customer Care for over a week now. They’ve tried to provide some feedback as to status of the situation, but not much in terms of urgency to get this resolved any sooner. Right now the dealership isn’t expecting all of the needed parts until this Friday, which pushes the actual repair work to next week. And that’s assuming the resolution the engineer determined was needed actually works. Finger Crossed…
Thank you for this information. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation.

Rob
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is there any way to tell what the new software updates do besides locking the max regen ? Any enhancements or improvements etc.
Hi there!

If you have questions about a specific update and the symptoms/conditions that it aims to address, please let us know! I'd be happy to share that information with you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
696 Posts
Mine needed an o-ring replaced but the dang gas cap took 4 days. I thought I was waiting on HV cable parts, lol.

I have a paint issue. Over the 4 days the "paint guy" never came by. Which is the 3rd time I've tried to get the paint looked at.

Sometimes, I'll pay out of pocket for little things as I can't take dealership service departments' song and dance routine.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
As is discussed in another thread…I think an update has made the oil and gas refresh mode go haywire. Or I’m missing something simple. I’ve filled with gas and driven for quite a while and the ICE keeps turning on and staying on. All electric says temporarily unavailable. Uses electric until you go fast enough for ICE to kick on and then it just stays on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
As is discussed in another thread…I think an update has made the oil and gas refresh mode go haywire. Or I’m missing something simple. I’ve filled with gas and driven for quite a while and the ICE keeps turning on and staying on. All electric says temporarily unavailable. Uses electric until you go fast enough for ICE to kick on and then it just stays on.
This is concerning for those of us on order.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thanks Shakes, I'm going perform a refresh in advance since I'm comin up for one around the end of the month.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
I'm sure there will be a fix if it's software related.
The question is when though?? I will be calling the dealership soon. How did I know my Jeep that was working fine before updates would now be messed up after. I hate computers!

·
Registered
50 Posts
This whole episode has been such a fluster-cluck that I’m seriously considering a call to a Lemon Law Attorney and just moving on. Jeep has. Had my 4xe for 3 weeks now and can’t/hasn’t given me any sort of expectation of when it will be done. If I don’t see mine back and fully operational (without any sort of issues such as Shakes mentioned) by the end of this week my next move will be for Jeep to take it back. It’s amazing the lack of understanding and urgency I’m seeing from the Dealer Service Department as well as Jeep Corporate.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
This is concerning for those of us on order.
I'm sure there will be a fix if it's software related.
Thanks Shakes, I'm going perform a refresh in advance since I'm comin up for one around the end of the month.
The question is when though?? I will be calling the dealership soon. How did I know my Jeep that was working fine before updates would now be messed up after. I hate computers!
I was wrong about this… I posted the fix here…

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
This whole episode has been such a fluster-cluck that I’m seriously considering a call to a Lemon Law Attorney and just moving on. Jeep has. Had my 4xe for 3 weeks now and can’t/hasn’t given me any sort of expectation of when it will be done. If I don’t see mine back and fully operational (without any sort of issues such as Shakes mentioned) by the end of this week my next move will be for Jeep to take it back. It’s amazing the lack of understanding and urgency I’m seeing from the Dealer Service Department as well as Jeep Corporate.
Try to be patient Dallas. When the parts come in your Jeep will get fixed. No doubt. That will be way easier and much less costly than Lemon Lawing it. Shipping parts and such really sucks everywhere right now. What’s another week at this point. Trust me, just see the repairs through and you’ll be happy you did. I’ve dealt with soo many vehicles and repairs over my 52 years, and 99% of the time, patience is rewarded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the recall finished up on Friday. They replaced the seal, and I don't think the replacement fuel cap tether is any shorter. It just seems to get in the way now.

As an added bonus, I went out the garage that evening and noticed a white light shining on the floor underneath my Jeep. It didn't seem to be coming from the window or from under the garage door. So, sliding under the Jeep I found the area around the HV cables lit up, and after fishing around a bit, retrieved a flashlight. Nothing fancy, sadly, just a Harbor Freight magnetic flashlight. Fortunately the service tech left it turned on, or it would still be stuck to the underside of my Jeep.

Hopefully they installed the cable seal properly.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've found a few tools in my cars over the years. Once even an old bag of weed when I was replacing a head unit. I'd have been that guy, "I don't know how it got there, it is not mine!"

·
Registered
696 Posts
I was wrong about this… I posted the fix here…
That would have probably been a problem for me had I not known! Thanks for figuring it out and posting.

Now that I have an L2 charger my past 500 miles of driving had just under 2 miles of ice. Those were even just accidents because I forgot to press the electric button.

I'm starting to run the engine some and do a few hard launches. My plan is to refill it up to about 1/2 tank. But I'm still at 3/4 tank approaching 90 days.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
That would have probably been a problem for me had I not known! Thanks for figuring it out and posting.

Now that I have an L2 charger my past 500 miles of driving had just under 2 miles of ice. Those were even just accidents because I forgot to press the electric button.

I'm starting to run the engine some and do a few hard launches. My plan is to refill it up to about 1/2 tank. But I'm still at 3/4 tank approaching 90 days.
I didn’t figure this out… not smart enough 😁
All credit goes to some computer engineer on the Pacifica Hybrid Forum.
I just was smart enough to find his work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try to be patient Dallas. When the parts come in your Jeep will get fixed. No doubt. That will be way easier and much less costly than Lemon Lawing it. Shipping parts and such really sucks everywhere right now. What’s another week at this point. Trust me, just see the repairs through and you’ll be happy you did. I’ve dealt with soo many vehicles and repairs over my 52 years, and 99% of the time, patience is rewarded.
Yes, I agree…I’ve been through a Lemon Law situation before for a new vehicle that spent more time in the shop than my garage over the 1st 6 months. I’m only a year short of your 52, so highly experienced with similar frustrations in previous cars. I know I’m not at that stage (yet) but really peeved to be driving a POS Hertz Corolla for almost 2 weeks (and without a vehicle for prior 2 weeks) while making a payment on this one. The reality is that Lemon Law is a bad option as the value of this guy is worth far more given the current market. If I choose to move on, I’ll find what I want and trade it (or just sell it outright) for far more than I paid for it.

I hate to admit that I’m highly tempted to place an order for a Bronco and just purchase another POS to drive for the next year or so. I drove the Ford today and was very impressed…but given I haven’t had my Jeep in hand for almost a month I need some back-back to really get a better comparison.

Will see what the next few days bring…I want to order a few more items for the 4xe (Weathertech cargo mat…) but not spending another dime until I get it back and convince myself that it’ll be a keeper.

Reactions: Shakes
21 - 40 of 42 Posts