Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a definitive answer on the recommended maintenance/service intervals for the 4xe? The Mopar app recommends every 10k miles, my salesman said he does every 5k, another friend heard every 7.5k.

Oil and filter changes are cheap, so every 5k miles doesn't seem too bad, but wanted to see what others thought or are planning to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Depends on how much you are using the ICE. And under what conditions. Towing-heat-cold-dust etc…I’m almost never using it, with my infrequent short trips. Plus the fact that engine oils are much better now(synthetic oil) so they protect better and last longer. The filter is the key. I’ve been putting on the longest lasting one I can find. I’ll probably do a change at 4,000 just because it’s the first one and break-in and all. But after that it’ll probably be 7-10,000 miles between changes. I always use Mobil1 oil and filters. Air filter only if it needs it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
When it comes to oil I'm just going to let the system monitor do it's thing. I'm finding time is the bigger factor as most of my day to day miles are electric only. I put about 2000 ICE miles on in two weeks and the OLM barely budged.
Exactly. Most systems not only monitor miles, but also engine temperature and RPMs. Might as well take advantage of the fact that the electrics are doing the heavy lifting at start-up and short trips and save some time and $$$ on oil changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts