Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
PHEV Sahara 4xe Sky One-Touch 2021
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manual it is advised to use Mopar® API SP/GF-6 Certified SAE 5W-30 Full Synthetic Engine Oil which meets the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS-13340.

I have checked and found this one:
Looks good to me but would like to know the opinion of others. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
Mobil1 EPS or Royal Purple Fully synthetic. I’ve used the Mobil1 for many many yrs and I think it’s the best oil out there. The Purple I’ve recently been using and like it a lot. I’ve never skimped on oil in any vehicles. Because of a business I’ve owned over 30 trucks/cars/equipment. JMO.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mobil1 EPS or Royal Purple Fully synthetic. I’ve used the Mobil1 for many many yrs and I think it’s the best oil out there. The Purple I’ve recently been using and like it a lot. I’ve never skimped on oil in any vehicles. Because of a business I’ve owned over 30 trucks/cars/equipment. JMO.
I always used Mobil 1 10W30 in my 80’s and 90’s Chrysler turbos and changed it no later that 3,000 miles. The cars were never stock for more than a minute, lol. Always ran high boost. It was always the recommended oil by Shelby and even printed on the oil fill cap of the Viper back in the day. I heard Mobil and Chrysler had a falling out in the 2000’s bankruptcy due to unpaid bills. Now on Pennzoil’s website they say they are the recommended oil by Jeep, could just be marketing who knows. My dealer said the Mopar oil is Pennzoil synthetic. Does Mobil 1 meet the low speed preignition standard for direct injection??

·
Registered
294 Posts
I thought I saw synthetic blend, 😮, mentioned somewhere.

If that's what service departments use, I'm doing my own, even if they are free.
The service departments use the syn blend. I'm going to let them change mine, but blatantly check everything in front of them before I drive off. Look guys, the SAE does a lot of work coming up with SP/GF-6. If you wanna waste money buying a name instead of a spec, that's your choice. You'd be better off buying oil at half the price and changing it twice as often if longevity is your concern.

·
Registered
294 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.