Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a Rubicon 4xe. I’ve had it for almost a week and so far so good. Mine came with red tow hooks instead of blue. I’ll admit I’m a little disappointed but the dealership didn’t seem to think that blue was the standard for the Rubicon 4xe. Has anyone else seen this configuration?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am the proud owner of a Rubicon 4xe. I’ve had it for almost a week and so far so good. Mine came with red tow hooks instead of blue. I’ll admit I’m a little disappointed but the dealership didn’t seem to think that blue was the standard for the Rubicon 4xe. Has anyone else seen this configuration?
That's a bit weird, it indicates right on Jeep.com it has blue tow hooks:

Does yours have the gray / blue hood graphic? Is it the two front and single rear that are all red? Maybe they've got like an aftermarket cover? Or some kind of protective cover?

(Funny enough, I'm looking for some tow hook caps in a darker red to match our exterior)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a bit weird, it indicates right on Jeep.com it has blue tow hooks:

View attachment 301

Does yours have the gray / blue hood graphic? Is it the two front and single rear that are all red? Maybe they've got like an aftermarket cover? Or some kind of protective cover?

(Funny enough, I'm looking for some tow hook caps in a darker red to match our exterior)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is weird! Nothing aftermarket that I’m aware of and all of the badges and graphics as well as the rear hook are blue. My jeep is firecracker red so I thought maybe that was why but all other 4xes I’ve seen in this color have blue hooks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was going to ask if you had like the steel bumper option, but I believe bumper go "over" the hooks (i.e., they're connected to the chassis/frame independent of the bumper), so that shouldn't make any difference (the jeep.com site shows red hooks for the steel bumper option under a 4XE config, but I think that's just an stock pic).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh yeah, that is definitely the steel bumper upgrade option, I can see from the website where that bumper has rivets like the bumper in your photo versus the smooth plastic bumper without the upgrade.

As opposed to the stock Rubicon bumper:

Looks like part of the build process for that bumper uses the non-4XE production line, and gets setup with red hooks, just an odd production order/part spec for that option.

Upside, you can just get some blue tow hook covers AND you have a killer front bumper :D

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
That is bizarre! Those should be blue as far as I know…
I have Steel bumper group and my Granite Crystal has blu hooks.
Mistake???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I totally think it’s a mistake and that’s the annoying part. Especially since the rear hook is blue. The interior stitching isn’t surf blue like I have read about in others. But I also have the dark saddle seats so maybe that is why?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
I totally think it’s a mistake and that’s the annoying part. Especially since the rear hook is blue. The interior stitching isn’t surf blue like I have read about in others. But I also have the dark saddle seats so maybe that is why?
If the back hook is blue, it’s a mistake. It has to be. That makes no sense. Guess we’ll have to hear from others with the saddle color. Have you talked to the dealer yet? How did you drive outta there without inquiring??

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Sorry, I just looked back and saw that you said the dealer didn’t think the blue was standard…

·
Registered
21 Rubicon 4xe
33 Posts
I have a Hydro Blue Rubicon with dark saddle and blue hooks. The dark saddle also doesn't have the blue stitching. I think they call in light tungsten with the dark saddle like the standard Rubicon.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I’m thinking that you have a unicorn here. Hang on to that baby because down the road some Jeep collector is going to pay big bucks for the one and only Rubicon 4xe with mismatched tow hooks. It could be a “Holy Grail car”.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wait a minute, that's not a charging port, it's just a hole cut in the body! They snuck an ICE model in on ya :D

Hmm, ok so I guess that is why. My window sticker makes no mention of the steel bumper. Thanks for the information!

You know, since the official Mopar product includes red tow hooks:

And you're saying it's NOT on the window sticker / build sheet, I wonder if that was installed after-the-fact, like at the dealer[?] Did you get the window sticker? If not, if you go to this URL:

And replace YOUR_VIN_GOES_HERE with your actual VIN, that will generate one (so you could cross check the options).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do have the window sticker and the add ons from the dealership and it is not mentioned on either. But the Jeep had just come in and I don’t think any mods were done at the dealership. It’s truly a mystery to me!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dang, that's like a $1700 option if you didn't get charged for it. I also noticed in the description from the configurator the factory option is a front =and= rear steel bumper, is your rear bumper the same style with the exposed bolts? I couldn't find a pic, so not even sure what it looks like ...

Heck, I was just looking at your pics again, the red looks killer (especially with your red exterior), I'd get a rear tow hook in red to match :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts