Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual says if you put the regeneration switch on, it stays on, NOT, has anyone figured out how to keep it on?

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
70 Posts
Yes. The only way is for you to book yourself in for a firmware/software flash by your local FCA dealer or get that done the next time you’re going in for other maintenance/issues.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
70 Posts
Can't you do it yourself through JScan ?
Yes, I’m assuming you mean using Tazer to program it if you’ve already purchased that. Just restore factory defaults when you take it in to service whereupon the software will get patched/updated anyway as the save for max regen setting is bundled with the multiple modules’ program updates being rolled out currently.

·
Registered
613 Posts
You'll need a firewall bypass cable too. The last time I checked jscan on my 4xe it was a bit iffy. But it may be better now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW I have a late June build Sahara bought mid July and the regen stays on always. I toggle it on and use for hours, and toggle it off when desired. Are others seeing a different behavior?

·
Registered
188 Posts
FWIW I have a late June build Sahara bought mid July and the regen stays on always. I toggle it on and use for hours, and toggle it off when desired. Are others seeing a different behavior?
Yeah. Our April build doesn't latch. That button has to be pressed each time the vehicle is started.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Can't you do it yourself through JScan ?
I did a series of Zoom calls with Dan Frye from Jeep about the 4XE. We recorded them and have them on the Wrangler 4XE Fans YouTube channel. We talked about the latching max regen. They had to change it to non-latching due to some sort of software conflict. It’s being updated to latching through a flash at the dealerships. My concern with updating it with JScan or Tazer is that whatever software conflict there was would come back and cause issues. I would think it would be better to wait for the update.

·
Registered
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
13 Posts
I updated my knowledge by watching all your "Ask the Expert" series in a row and noticed the update on the latching ! As well as several other very interesting things ! Many thanks to you and to Dan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine stays on each drive, for the whole trip. However, It's off when I start the car each time and need to press the button again; is this what everyone is mentioning here? I'd like to know how to keep it on all the time, without having to press the button each time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine stays on each drive, for the whole trip. However, It's off when I start the car each time and need to press the button again; is this what everyone is mentioning here? I'd like to know how to keep it on all the time, without having to press the button each time.
That is the standard operation from the factory.
It seems that after the dealer update it will operate as stated in the manual and will be in the last mode selected at each start.

·
Registered
613 Posts
When we were driving in the mountains both both my girlfriend and I got into trouble when we forgot to turn max regen on. It's scary when you come up on a hair pin turn and expect regen to get you through it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts