Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Seeing a number of issues reported on this board - some/many attributed to loose fuses/connectors - but others more extensive. I think issues can be over represented since folks with issues tend to post to get help where folks without have little need. So just wanted to check and hear how people felt about the longer term reliability of the 4XE.

Are there folks that have racked up significant miles that have not encountered any issue?
Are the people that have had issues satisfied that they are corrected and feeling good about things?

There are some general posts pointing to particular years where Jeep has not provided top quality and just want to gauge what I would be getting into in a balanced way.

Thanks for any insight or perspective! Rob

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
74 Posts
Loose fuses and relays is probably the biggest issue, others have reported that the hybrid electric harnesses where loosely connected, or not connected properly, and if the Jeep senses a short in that, and if that short duplicates itself to seem like the power connector is still plugged in, it will disable all power (gas and electric) and shutdown, and that could be a major issue if you are going down the highway.

I don’t have the ability to gauge how often these issues occur, I read somewhere 12,000 4xe were scheduled to be built in 2021, I don’t know if the harness issue impacts 20 in 12,000, or 5000 in 12,000.

So far my Jeep 4xe has been great, and I have had no issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts