Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total jeep newbie here. Wondering about street legal issues with removing both doors which means removing the side mirrors. California law.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Total jeep newbie here. Wondering about street legal issues with removing both doors which means removing the side mirrors. California law.
Good question. The manual says the doors are removable for off road use only. Likely for crash protection. I presume the crash rating drops significantly with the doors removed.

I think the JK models have a relocation bracket for the mirrors to mount to the cowl but not sure if anything like that exists for the JL yet. ???

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought Mopar tube doors but also looking for a simple street legal mirror option. Fishbone makes a $30 round mirror that can be clamped to their tube doors but is too small in diameter for the mopar doors. Anyone have a low cost and quick on and off mirror solution?

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
33 Posts
I bought Mopar tube doors but also looking for a simple street legal mirror option. Fishbone makes a $30 round mirror that can be clamped to their tube doors but is too small in diameter for the mopar doors. Anyone have a low cost and quick on and off mirror solution?
Zmoon Door Off Mirrors Square Adventure Side View Mirrors for Jeep Wrangler CJ YJ TJ JK JL & Unlimited,Textured Black, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WD3XZJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_1JQMWRZ812S1DENFYV1Y

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I got it. Learn something new everyday. Appreciate the responses

·
Registered
2021 JLUR 4xe
1 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
These are what I ordered: inexpensive and fit into the windshield hinges. Will update in a few weeks when I have an opportunity to try them out.
Interesting. I have a Bulletpoint phone mount that was mounted to the dash storage tray area of my JKU. They have a mount for a JLU but, of course, won’t fit the 4xe because of the battery indicator lights. Wonder if I can mount arm to this to hold my phone? But with Apple Car Play having to be plugged in that may eliminate that as a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
21 Rubicon 4xe
33 Posts
Interesting. I have a Bulletpoint phone mount that was mounted to the dash storage tray area of my JKU. They have a mount for a JLU but, of course, won’t fit the 4xe because of the battery indicator lights. Wonder if I can mount arm to this to hold my phone? But with Apple Car Play having to be plugged in that may eliminate that as a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
67 Designs has mounts coming for the 4xe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used the Lange original coyote mirrors on my previous JLUR. I purchased again because I loved the functionality of leaving the block on the jeep year round and inserting the mirrors when doorless. Come to find out, they do not fit on the charger cowl without a little modification. 10 minutes with a dremel and was in business.
Lange Originals MJL-800 Coyote Mirror Pair for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT
Care to share or show a picture of what you had to do? Does the side cowling come off where the charge port on the jeep is at?

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe
5 Posts
Found the following article that has a table of each state's requirements - need to scroll down the article a bit.
Disclaimer - there is no date on the article (at least that I could find), so unsure how dated the info is.

BTW, I just purchased the following:

·
Registered
42 Posts
These are a little on the $$$ side, but I just ordered some Kikbax as they seem to be some of the best in terms of staying firmly in place by also connecting at the door strap hook while also providing foot pegs built-in. Now that I have a system for easily removing the hard-top, I have full plans for getting those doors off as well. I ordered mine yesterday and they are being delivered tomorrow (albeit they ship from <100mi from my home in Dallas).

Reactions: Skades89
1 - 16 of 16 Posts