Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe HA
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else notice that you can't rev the engine while parked? In whatever mode you are in, if you step on the gas (while parked) it will engage the engine, but even if you floor it, the RPM don't go over 1500 or so. Just an observation from a new owner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yup, thought it was odd that it starts at all (and posted my own thread about it!). There are quite a few things about the drivetrain programming that I'm really curious about, surely those engineers have good reasons for seemingly quirky things like this.

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe HA
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so it get weirder. I tried opening the hood and starting it. The engine comes on right away and you can't switch it into electric mode (not available). You still cant rev past 1500rpm. Closed the hood and started the car, engine off and you can select electric.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, it's kind of like a don't over think what the engineers did thing. But as an engineer myself, I'm curious.

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe HA
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still strange you can't rev. I've already been cursed with the engine and oil maintenance mode. If I could rev a little, It would probably allow you to warm up the engine faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts