Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend good roof racks for the 4xe? I have seen several on Amazon but weight limit of 88lbs is not enough. I’ll be adding a cargo basket and watertight bag for trips so need something that can support 150lbs or more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can anyone recommend good roof racks for the 4xe? I have seen several on Amazon but weight limit of 88lbs is not enough. I’ll be adding a cargo basket and watertight bag for trips so need something that can support 150lbs or more.
I have ordered a Rough Country rack with light bar it is a full size rack with a rating of 250lbs…
I’ve seen sone decent reviews on it!

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
218 Posts
The Gobi rack in another thread takes 300 lbs while in motion, 800 lbs static load.

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I went with these that were on sale on Black Friday for $136. I have seen the Mopar brand up closes and that’s look almost exactly the same. Rated at 180lbs but I don’t think I would test them above 150.

Easy to install, took me about 30 min by myself, I think they look pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B097BLL4CS/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive carrying rack Plant

Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

Wheel Automotive carrying rack Tire Car Vehicle

Plant Road surface Wood Shade Window

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I went with these that were on sale on Black Friday for $136. I have seen the Mopar brand up closes and that’s look almost exactly the same. Rated at 180lbs but I don’t think I would test them above 150.

Easy to install, took me about 30 min by myself, I think they look pretty good.

Amazon.com
How's the window noise with these on? I see a review saying it whistles over 50 MPH. I know they won't be quite. But, is there a whistle to them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why would you not trust the person that said there is a whistle to them? I would bet they are not making that up.
Is there something wrong with me asking if this person that has them has a whistle issue? Many different variables could come to play. With my previous SUV I had Thule AeroBlades and had a whistle I couldn't get rid of. But, others didn't have this problem.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
Is there something wrong with me asking if this person that has them has a whistle issue? Many different variables could come to play. With my pervious SUV I had Thule AeroBlades and had a whistle I couldn't get rid of. But, others didn't have this problem.
Nothing wrong. It’s just… who do you believe??

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
218 Posts
P.S. - am I the only one turned off to manufacturers slapping their name/logo all over their accessories? This rack says "Gobi" on almost every piece. :rolleyes:
You are not. Car, clothing, anything I'd rather not have advertising built in to the product.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts