Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a good bike rack for my Rubicon but having trouble finding one that will fit good with the spare mounted. Anybody have any recommendations?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have the Allen Premier locking with spare. My hand has plenty of clearance between the rack and spare and I can even still see with the camera. The downside is that it's a hanging style. So if you have carbon fiber frames it wouldn't be a good choice. Also, the bikes need to be off to open the tailgate but it does lower enough to clear.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
10 Posts
Sjack is on target. We purchased a Kuat Sherpa 2.0 two bike rack but needed an extension for our hitch (we got an 8 inch extension) because of the spare tire. Look for an extension that has anti-rattle built in or you will need to purchase that separately. The Kuat Sherpa has anti-rattle built in so you won't need anything there if you decide to go that route but the extension will need some kind of anti-rattle. I also picked up a Bolt Receiver Hitch lock as you can use your Jeep key with these locks (BOLT Lock: Types of Locks), I hate carrying a lot of keys.

Happy Trails :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've used the 1up rack system for years now with jeeps. There is an extension available that allows plenty of room for two bikes without tire interference . The system is really durable / secure.

1UP USA | OFFICIAL SITE (1up-usa.com)
This is what we have for my partners Cherokee. It fits well on my Wrangler w the spare. We got the extender just in case, but didn't need it.

Also, you can get the 1UP system for 4 bikes. And it's modular so you can do 2, 3 or 4...not always carrying the 4 pack around. And agree w the durability. We've had ours for maybe 4 years-ish. Love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is what we have for my partners Cherokee. It fits well on my Wrangler w the spare. We got the extender just in case, but didn't need it.

Also, you can get the 1UP system for 4 bikes. And it's modular so you can do 2, 3 or 4...not always carrying the 4 pack around. And agree w the durability. We've had ours for maybe 4 years-ish. Love it.
Agree ! I have the extension for the fat tire bikes now (Should have mentioned) - No need to remove pedals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts