Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

SAHARA 4XE WITH RUBICON TAKEOFFS

17K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  OCBeach 
#1 ·
Hi All!

I have a snazzberry sahara 4xe and while I like the painted black 20" wheels I'm strongly considering throwing some Rubicon takeoffs on to have the 33" Ko2's. The 20's are nice but I feel they might look silly with 33" Ko2s. Anyone out there put takeoffs on their 4xe sahara?

Also, have you noticed any significant change in electric range with rubi wheel/tire setup? Jeep lists the rubicon and sahara at the same distance but I find it hard to believe because of weight difference...maybe because of the gearing difference?

I don't plan on lifting the 4xe at all but think I'd still like the more aggressive setup and slightly added offroad capability. Any pics would be appreciated too. Especially if you have a snazzberry with takeoffs added. Thanks!

#6 ·
Hi All!

I have a snazzberry sahara 4xe and while I like the painted black 20" wheels I'm strongly considering throwing some Rubicon takeoffs on to have the 33" Ko2's. The 20's are nice but I feel they might look silly with 33" Ko2s. Anyone out there put takeoffs on their 4xe sahara?

Also, have you noticed any significant change in electric range with rubi wheel/tire setup? Jeep lists the rubicon and sahara at the same distance but I find it hard to believe because of weight difference...maybe because of the gearing difference?

I don't plan on lifting the 4xe at all but think I'd still like the more aggressive setup and slightly added offroad capability. Any pics would be appreciated too. Especially if you have a snazzberry with takeoffs added. Thanks!
I had the same question so I picked up some take offs a couple weeks ago. Off road performance is much improved and I don't have to worry constantly about scratching up those nice 20 inch rims. On road performance did drop. I have owned my Sahara for a couple months and consistently get 43 MPGe on my drive to work both ways but with the larger tires that drops to 38 MPGe. When running on engine alone I seem to have lost 2 to 3 MPG as well (drop down to 19-20 from 22-24 but that might just be accounted for my the different roads, wind, etc... Think I will switch back a forth a bit depending on if it is a communing week vs off road week?

#9 ·
I ordered a Snazberry Sahara 4XE on 8/14 that is finally on its way to the dealership via rail. I, too, would prefer the more aggressive look of the Rubicon tires/wheels and the improved off-road performance. Wondering if I can just ask the dealership to swap out my stock Sahara wheels/tires for stock Rubicon wheels/tires, if they have them in stock? Are dealerships willing to do that? How much of an upcharge do you think there would be to have the dealership swap tires?

#11 ·
Most dealers will do that IF they have them. But they are pretty easy to find in Facebook marketplace, eBay, Craigslist etc... $1000.00 to $1500.00 depending on where you live. But there does appear to have been a change in the TPMS's mid year so make sure they match up. Not sure how to do that other than bolting them on seeing if they sync or not.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I tried that but didn’t get very far. My dealership does upgrade some of their Jeep’s with custom stuff and sells them for higher prices and when they do that, they have some stock components that they took off available. However, at the time they didn’t have anything laying around.

#12 ·
Was the original question anwered and I just missed it? I want to know if you can put the Rubicon tires/rims on the Sahara without a lift kit. I believe the Rubicon comes with a 2" lift over the Sahara which is the basis for my question. If it's a direct fit without lifting then that's my next purchase. :)

#14 ·
Was the original question anwered and I just missed it? I want to know if you can put the Rubicon tires/rims on the Sahara without a lift kit. I believe the Rubicon comes with a 2" lift over the Sahara which is the basis for my question. If it's a direct fit without lifting then that's my next purchase. :)
Yes no issues - the Rubicon is normally 1" higher than the Sahara but with the 4xe it is my understanding that they are close in height - this is mine with Rubi takeoffs

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

#23 ·
285x70 17(nominally 33”)fills the fenders nicely, If I had it to do over I would still go more sidewall to a 75, either 285 or 295, they are +/- 34”. Just wouldn’t go over 300 they get wide, over 12”.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Yes these aren’t rubicon takeoffs…but shows fender clearance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.