Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues with satellite radio signal being weak? Multiple times while driving we have lost satellite signal, normally in areas where there are trees on both sides. We have never had issues with our other vehicles in these areas.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, seems to be a Wrangler thing in general. Some people relocate the antenna from what I recall.

I've had Sirius XM for years and never had cutouts that were not reasonable, such as being in a tunnel or garage.

Also, the Sirius radio sounds terrible too in this system. Like just bad. I though the sound system was just bad, until I used Spotify.

My prior Ford Sync system Sirius was passable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is such a bummer to hear. My Optima drops satellite radio signal in the same few places every time I drive through them (no trees or overpasses around). I had zero issues in those same areas (or any other areas) in my prior vehicle. I was looking forward to better signal in the Jeep.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Spotify is a great alternative. I like having Stern, so I keep it for that. But I can't figure out why Stern's audio quality was so much better on Ford Sync.

But all it takes is an artist station for Nirvana and you ready have Lithium.

There is also the streaming app for Sirius. But the android auto is so bleh outside of voice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The satellite requires an unobstructed view of the southern sky so if you are driving by tall trees or buildings or something else to the south, you will find your signal drops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts