Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really seeing any discussion on this, but is anyone using scheduled charging? Is the feature consistently working for you? It's been hit or miss for me, so I turned it off for now. I'd prefer to charge when rates are lowest, but not worth waking up to a low battery...

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
71 Posts
I used it with my level 1 charger, and it worked great in avoiding my higher “time of use” peaks. On my level 2 I use the scheduling in my JuiceBox, and have disabled my Jeep’s scheduling.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes. We use the schedule and it had worked well so far. Sometimes we want to charge outside the schedule so all you have to do is remove the plug and then put it back and it starts charging now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use my scheduler to avoid charging during peak times, 3pm-10pm. Whenever I plug it in, it flashes the KITT lights once and then either starts or waits for the window to start. Every morning it's ready to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same here, works great. I charge at night off-peak. I do wish the charge now button in the UConnect app worked reliably though.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Just woke up to 0% percent charge again. I’m not sure why this is inconsistent for me, but it’s definitely a Uconnect software thing. I also just tried tapping the “tap to charge” button to see if it would get it started, and that failed.

I’m gonna stick to just plugging it in when I arrive home, regardless of the time. I’m still waiting on my next power bill to see a full month’s worth of 4xe charging, and measure what it’s costing. Hopefully not enough to worry about time of day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update: Just woke up to 0% percent charge again. I’m not sure why this is inconsistent for me, but it’s definitely a Uconnect software thing. I also just tried tapping the “tap to charge” button to see if it would get it started, and that failed.

I’m gonna stick to just plugging it in when I arrive home, regardless of the time. I’m still waiting on my next power bill to see a full month’s worth of 4xe charging, and measure what it’s costing. Hopefully not enough to worry about time of day.
Same issue with my wife’s 4xe. I found if I go in and turn off scheduled charging and turn it back on it seems to work for a few days.

Definitely not a fan of the new”ish” Uconnect system. Had a 2013 Jeep GC and never had an issue. I now have a 2020 GC and the system is terribly glitchy. Was hoping for better with my wife’s new 4xe but the issues are worse than mine. Have $120k worth of Jeep’s in my garage and the infotainment systems are making me think twice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts