Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share this info since so many of you appear to be (like me) very interested in the electricity usage of our 4xe's.

I've installed a "Sense Energy Monitor" on my electric panel that allows me to monitor my energy usage & solar production in real time. You can literally walk through your home switching lights on/off and see the wattage change instantaneously. The device is extremely accurate, as I've audited the data from the Sense Monitor against my monthly electric bill, and the Sense Monitor is within 1-2% of my monthly usage. The device can also "learn" what devices/appliances your home has and provide historical and projected electricity costs for those appliances.

I love being able to monitor my Jeep 4xe on the app. The device hasn't yet recognized the Jeep as a EV, but soon I believe it will allow you to identify your own devices, and if I can identify the 4xe - I can monitor the $$ cost of electricity going into it (which I can technically do already, but just don't have the convenience of the app).

Here are some photos from the Sense App on my iPhone:

Here's a link to the device on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Sense-Energy...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thought I'd share this info since so many of you appear to be (like me) very interested in the electricity usage of our 4xe's.

I've installed a "Sense Energy Monitor" on my electric panel that allows me to monitor my energy usage & solar production in real time. You can literally walk through your home switching lights on/off and see the wattage change instantaneously. The device is extremely accurate, as I've audited the data from the Sense Monitor against my monthly electric bill, and the Sense Monitor is within 1-2% of my monthly usage. The device can also "learn" what devices/appliances your home has and provide historical and projected electricity costs for those appliances.

I love being able to monitor my Jeep 4xe on the app. The device hasn't yet recognized the Jeep as a EV, but soon I believe it will allow you to identify your own devices, and if I can identify the 4xe - I can monitor the $$ cost of electricity going into it (which I can technically do already, but just don't have the convenience of the app).

Here are some photos from the Sense App on my iPhone:

Here's a link to the device on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Sense-Energy-Monitor-Electricity-Usage/dp/B075K6PHJ9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=33RNYXS3P7B5P&dchild=1&keywords=sense&qid=1621003793&sprefix=sense,aps,195&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVFk1S05OMDNKUlowJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjQ4NzQ1MkszRkY1RTZVQzYyVSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDU4MzMzMk8zM0hDNU1FNjFVUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
This is great. I too have a Sense energy monitor for exactly this reason. Good stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts