Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned so much about my incoming 4xe and even though you may not even know to ask some of the questions you will get answers that can be very valuable in both operating this vehicle and appreciating the complexity that allows it to be both a fully capable Jeep but also a plug in hybrid. I had a lot of the same questions, like "why not give it 30 miles of full electric range," or "why not just give it a larger battery on the outside," or "how do they get the transition of 3 different motors and 2 different power sources to work together".

The view count is very low and this engineer actually asks questions of the viewers that he is literally bringing back to the team at Jeep to make improvements on this vehicle. This kind of connection with a manufacturer is very rare and valuable and we should all show support.
Episode 1:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Agreed. Waiting for episode 6! Not the behavior of a manufacturer who doesn’t care or uses their customer as the beta tester as other has proclaimed.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
59 Posts
Also agree! In fact, all of the videos on Wrangler4xeFans' channel are educational and insightful. Literally none of them would be a waste of time to watch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed. Waiting for episode 6! Not the behavior of a manufacturer who doesn’t care or uses their customer as the beta tester as other has proclaimed.
There is no way a manufacturer sanctions this level of discord with a user base if they don’t plan on listening or being vulnerable. I respect the brand more for even doing it but it appears as though some feedback is actually directing changes for the future. Bravo

·
Registered
12 Posts
I learned so much about my incoming 4xe and even though you may not even know to ask some of the questions you will get answers that can be very valuable in both operating this vehicle and appreciating the complexity that allows it to be both a fully capable Jeep but also a plug in hybrid. I had a lot of the same questions, like "why not give it 30 miles of full electric range," or "why not just give it a larger battery on the outside," or "how do they get the transition of 3 different motors and 2 different power sources to work together".

The view count is very low and this engineer actually asks questions of the viewers that he is literally bringing back to the team at Jeep to make improvements on this vehicle. This kind of connection with a manufacturer is very rare and valuable and we should all show support.
Episode 1:
Thanks for pointing us to this! We’ve had our a few weeks now and as intuitive as it has felt so far, I’m one to Geek-Out and take the deep dives. Looking forward to watching this series.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is no way a manufacturer sanctions this level of discord with a user base if they don’t plan on listening or being vulnerable. I respect the brand more for even doing it but it appears as though some feedback is actually directing changes for the future. Bravo
Totally agree. The dedication from Jeep engineers shows in the 4xe design/function and, even though some people on here have had some serious problems, the best long term resolution is to be truly involved with the customer base. That Jeep is doing exactly that with the ask-the-expert series shows it's not just lip service. Bravo indeed!

·
Registered
96 Posts

Episode 1:
Very informative

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can’t agree more !

New owner of a 4XE in France, nothing more helpful than these videos ! Congrats for getting Jeep engineer feedback and to see how Jeep can care about its customers !

You can also have a look on the YouTube videos of this guy called Brandon Haneline

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hmm, episode 5 has me curious. So, the ILE clutch is used to launch the vehicle from a standstill in place of a torque converter, makes sense. But - why does the motor need to spin at all when stopped? Why not just apply the ILE clutch and take off from 0 rpm, like a Tesla?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts