Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my 4XE home, charged it, and when I started the next day. I get the message SERV 4WD under the battery percent. Anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Even if it does go in to 4A it will never use 4WD?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. But when the serv 4wd light is displayed, the Jeep will be in 2wd and unable to use 4wd. It might be a software issue or a bad or damaged sensor among other things. Check out this JL thread where a temporary fix was made after somebody put a lift kit on and the ABS sensor was damaged. It'll help explain better than I am.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I’ve literally had it 36 hours. I’d hope it’s under warranty.
We're sorry to hear of this happening so soon in ownership, MisterPace! If you end up visiting your dealer and need an extra layer of support, please reach out to our team.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dropped the 4XE with 120 miles on it off at the dealer yesterday. I've owned the JEEP 36 hours at the time of dropping it off.

They told me this on the phone today. "They got it in right away and it needed a part for the four-wheel-drive. There are only five of these parts available in the country, my Service Manager overnighted two of them here to make sure we can fix your car by tomorrow. "

I wonder what the part is as they haven't told me yet. Should these vehicles require new parts this quick?

·
Registered
4xe HA, CRD, TDI, Sprinter
2 Posts
I replaced mine. It was bad from new. Bought fad module and 10 min install. All good now. I plan on fixing bad position sensor on old fad and modifying it so I can run 2wd low range at boat ramp. I did this with Ram 2500 cummins, and jeep crd too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I drove my 4XE home, charged it, and when I started the next day. I get the message SERV 4WD under the battery percent. Anyone know what this is?
View attachment 1355
Take it back! We had several erroneous messages when the entire system failed and had to be dragged out of our garage! They had to replace the entire Power Inverter Module! They need to issue a recall

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Take it back! We had several erroneous messages when the entire system failed and had to be dragged out of our garage! They had to replace the entire Power Inverter Module! They need to issue a recall
It’s fixed! He posted the fix they did under warranty 2 months ago. Read!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts