Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My level 1 charger isn't working on my Jeep and I am getting a "Service Charging System" error. I looked up info on this forum and noted that many people were having this issue. I have been leasing this Jeep for less than a year. The day we drove it off the lot, the electrical system died and we were stranded. After it was serviced, we were told that it was a fluke and everything would be okay, but it really isn't, is it? I just wanted to stop by to air my grievances with Chrysler. I will now be taking time off of work to drive my car into the dealership because, as the service rep so nice told me over the phone, "if you don't get in here quick, the entire electrical system will shut down and you won't be able to drive it." It's Friday, so they will have my car until Tuesday. Why on earth didn't you test this product more thoroughly before sending it out to the public? The potential dangers are catastrophic. :mad:

· Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,224 Posts
Great complaining! Way to contribute to the community!!!

My level 1 charger isn't working on my Jeep and I am getting a "Service Charging System" error. I looked up info on this forum and noted that many people were having this issue. I have been leasing this Jeep for less than a year. The day we drove it off the lot, the electrical system died and we were stranded. After it was serviced, we were told that it was a fluke and everything would be okay, but it really isn't, is it? I just wanted to stop by to air my grievances with Chrysler. I will now be taking time off of work to drive my car into the dealership because, as the service rep so nice told me over the phone, "if you don't get in here quick, the entire electrical system will shut down and you won't be able to drive it." It's Friday, so they will have my car until Tuesday. Why on earth didn't you test this product more thoroughly before sending it out to the public? The potential dangers are catastrophic. :mad:

· Registered
3,746 Posts
Are the LEDs on the factory evse blinking/lit up? If so, what are they showing? You can get a charge fault error from anything from an issue with the vehicle to having the evse plugged into the jeep but not into the wall.

The service rep sounds like they're being overly dramatic.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We got it into the dealership yesterday and they said that they’ve had reports of them catching on fire. It has been there since yesterday and now someone from Chrysler will be looking at it. So I guess they’re giving me a rental on Saturday. Dramatic or not, they have no idea what is wrong with it and it’s unsafe to drive.

· Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,224 Posts
If they don't know what's wrong how do they know that it's unsafe to drive?

We got it into the dealership yesterday and they said that they’ve had reports of them catching on fire. It has been there since yesterday and now someone from Chrysler will be looking at it. So I guess they’re giving me a rental on Saturday. Dramatic or not, they have no idea what is wrong with it and it’s unsafe to drive.

· Registered
12 Posts
I had this problem twice in the last 6 months. Both were triggered by the charger at work - AmpUp. Dealer suggests not to use that one any more.

Jeep can consider some kind of self recovery mechanism to automatically clear the charge error code if nothing is wrong in Jeep side.

· Registered
4 Posts
Experienced my first "Service Charging System" issue with a Grizzl e Smart. Took it to the dealer and diagnosed as a faulty charge, the dealer reset with a warning that "non-OEM" Level 2 chargers will void your warranty as an unauthorized modification. I replied that the owners manual lays out how to charge a public charging stations and they are certainly non-OEM. (I believe the OEM ones are simply rebranded Juicebox.) The reply was yes, you can use a public station but run the risk or another code lock out. I understand there have been issues with the smart verus dumb Grizzl, I'll use the public stations to see if I can recreate before using the home Grizzl. Frankly, sounds like a software issue to me.

· Registered
250 Posts
Experienced my first "Service Charging System" issue with a Grizzl e Smart. Took it to the dealer and diagnosed as a faulty charge, the dealer reset with a warning that "non-OEM" Level 2 chargers will void your warranty as an unauthorized modification. I replied that the owners manual lays out how to charge a public charging stations and they are certainly non-OEM. (I believe the OEM ones are simply rebranded Juicebox.) The reply was yes, you can use a public station but run the risk or another code lock out. I understand there have been issues with the smart verus dumb Grizzl, I'll use the public stations to see if I can recreate before using the home Grizzl. Frankly, sounds like a software issue to me.
Your dealer's response was ridiculous. I'd have a hard time listening to anything they say after being told something absurd like that. Jeep needs to force dealers to take some mandatory training on EVs or they are going to continue to struggle like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts