Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had issue similar to many, service charging system error occurred in esave with max regen engaged, car had a complete loss of power, indicator on gear shift flashed D. Able to restart and get to dealer, where they ran the RRTs. In the 5 miles they drove it they could not recreate the error so, in their mind it does not exist. Per service advisor they checked the battery harness even though that was just a yes yes when asked and not volunteered. Less than 24 hours in their possession I’ve been asked to pick it up and begin driving it again with zero explanation for the cause….. guessing it was because I’m female and they think I’m an idiot……

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
From reading a lot of the stories with dealer responses I believe they just don’t have the proper training or enough information from jeep to be able to service the 4xe model. Hopefully that will change in the future but it sucks for the rest of us who bought the first gen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had issue similar to many, service charging system error occurred in esave with max regen engaged, car had a complete loss of power, indicator on gear shift flashed D. Able to restart and get to dealer, where they ran the RRTs. In the 5 miles they drove it they could not recreate the error so, in their mind it does not exist. Per service advisor they checked the battery harness even though that was just a yes yes when asked and not volunteered. Less than 24 hours in their possession I’ve been asked to pick it up and begin driving it again with zero explanation for the cause….. guessing it was because I’m female and they think I’m an idiot……
Hello HCullen,
Yeah, technicians are paid a flat rate hourly rate according to factory timesheet data. All the technician is going to do, is run the error code through their diagnostic system, and if the error can be erased and does not recreate after driving; say 5miles. he/she will re-scan for error DTCs and if none present, they will no problem found. This is because the technician is only making about 15mins worth of pay. I don't even think it's got much to do with Jeep honestly, it lies there with the dealership. Take it to another dealer and explain your concern, let them know you will contact Jeep if it doesn't get resolved. This usually works. Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts