Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this Service charging system message? My wife has a new 4xe and we keep getting this message followed by a check engine light. It seems to happen most often when we are charging the vehicle from 0%-10% charge with a level 2 charger. My charger has a readout of amperage and you can see the amps fluctuate from 0 to 30 before this error pops up and the car quits charging. I replaced the charger just to verify that it wasn’t the issue and I’ve taken it to the dealer and they say there’s something wrong with the charging system but they don’t know what it is. So they just gave me the car back And said they look into it and I have not heard anything back from them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I get this message when Splitvolt shuts power to the EV and switches it to my dryer but this is expected behavior. Have you tried other chargers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have tried another charger and I have a dedicated line.

I get this message when Splitvolt shuts power to the EV and switches it to my dryer but this is expected behavior. Have you tried other chargers?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone seen this Service charging system message? My wife has a new 4xe and we keep getting this message followed by a check engine light. It seems to happen most often when we are charging the vehicle from 0%-10% charge with a level 2 charger. My charger has a readout of amperage and you can see the amps fluctuate from 0 to 30 before this error pops up and the car quits charging. I replaced the charger just to verify that it wasn’t the issue and I’ve taken it to the dealer and they say there’s something wrong with the charging system but they don’t know what it is. So they just gave me the car back And said they look into it and I have not heard anything back from them.
We'd like to discuss this further with you, akasam. Can you send us a private message with more details?

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
50 Posts
We'd like to discuss this further with you, akasam. Can you send us a private message with more details?

Kate
Jeep Cares

We had this happen once to us, I have a JuiceBox 40 and after charging fine for weeks one day I startEd getting that error. Tried connecting and disconnecting the JuiceBox multiple times and it would just begin to ramp the current up and then the Jeep would shut things down. Took it to the dealership and they plugged it into their MOPAR lvl 2 and of course it charged right up, still had the CEL though so they pulled codes and saw an under threshold code and an over threshold code for the ECU (electrical charging unit), they didn’t have the trained hybrid tech in that day and said to bring it back when he’s around, still waiting on the call back but has been charging fine on JuiceBox since. Codes below:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We had this happen once to us, I have a JuiceBox 40 and after charging fine for weeks one day I startEd getting that error. Tried connecting and disconnecting the JuiceBox multiple times and it would just begin to ramp the current up and then the Jeep would shut things down. Took it to the dealership and they plugged it into their MOPAR lvl 2 and of course it charged right up, still had the CEL though so they pulled codes and saw an under threshold code and an over threshold code for the ECU (electrical charging unit), they didn’t have the trained hybrid tech in that day and said to bring it back when he’s around, still waiting on the call back but has been charging fine on JuiceBox since. Codes below: View attachment 1198
I think those are the same codes that mine was getting. I also have not heard back from them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update on this issue. Neither jeep cares on this form nor the dealership have contacted me apparently they just want me to live with this problem. I’ve reached out to both to no avail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts