Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What was the outcome? I have the service charging system message without CEL
This time it was apparently a software issue. They cleared the codes and updated the charging module software. Fingers crossed this solves it.... Time will tell. I find it a little hard to believe that this will solve the issue long term considering this is a 2022 and only last month when it was in the software was up to date... If it was software related would this not be an issue in all 4xE? Just wondering...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
If it was software related would this not be an issue in all 4xE? Just wondering...
This is pure speculation on my part:

It seems like what may be happening is there are certain error conditions that cause the system to lock out the charging capability. Like it gets an erroneous signal from a charging stations and says "well, that was weird... something might be wrong, I'm not going to risk anything happening" and it locks up. If that were the case, it'd explain why it only happens in rare cases and is fixed by reset/fresh software install.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,218 Posts
Not having read the code i can only guess... But because we all use different EVSEs, some with updatable firmware, we have different configurations possible. Yours may be different than mine... So if you had an issue related to your Jeep talking to your EVSE and it set a code not to charge i may never have that issue because I'm using a different model or same model but different firmware version. And even if the same it's possible i never hit whatever criteria you tripped... Could be yours took too much power too fast and the software didn't like it because a threshold value was lower than it should be... Again, too many variables. But at least you're working now!

This time it was apparently a software issue. They cleared the codes and updated the charging module software. Fingers crossed this solves it.... Time will tell. I find it a little hard to believe that this will solve the issue long term considering this is a 2022 and only last month when it was in the software was up to date... If it was software related would this not be an issue in all 4xE? Just wondering...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Couldn't charge this morning on a level 2 (city). I am down to 35 ish%. Tried 3 plugs, no dice. Service charging system ir what not. Going to try the level 1 at my home later today. 300 miles on the jeep...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your my brother from another mother! Ok actually my issue happended after 4 days and 290 miles...

I have an appointment on thursday. I was actually expecting them to say the next appointment was weeks away. They can keep the car for almost 3 weeks as I am leaving on vacation. No lights on the dash just the "service charging system" meesage on the dash when pluged in. No other issues appart from the strongest new car smell I've ever had, like windows down or you get high.

From what I read, they might update firmware, reset whatever or change a module.

Literally have only had my 4xe for 4 days with only 350 miles and it is back at the dealership for this same issue. @JeepCares please review this issue ASAP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your my brother from another mother! Ok actually my issue happended after 4 days and 290 miles...

I have an appointment on thursday. I was actually expecting them to say the next appointment was weeks away. They can keep the car for almost 3 weeks as I am leaving on vacation. No lights on the dash just the "service charging system" meesage on the dash when pluged in. No other issues appart from the strongest new car smell I've ever had, like windows down or you get high.

From what I read, they might update firmware, reset whatever or change a module.
We too are going on vacation. Dropped it off yesterday and they said they would take a look at it today. I did call another dealership and they gave me that error code B22A9-64 requires a flash of the IDCM/software. Hopefully this fixes it all.

I do get the error on the dash, but also my first and last lights constantly blink while plugged in.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Literally have only had my 4xe for 4 days with only 350 miles and it is back at the dealership for this same issue. @JeepCares please review this issue ASAP.
Thank you for tagging us, Dash. If you need support at your dealership, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok so droped it off at the dealer for a 7:45 am tomorrow. To my surprise they already worked on it. Talked with the tech. He says some level 2 chargers triggers a safe mode (like if the plug is giving too much juice or something). They just cleared the code and everything works. So I’m thinking… is there a way to clear said code myself? I think this is going to happen every now and then…

·
Registered
45 Posts
Seems like they did it really fast so I would think it’s just a basic error code. I could see the updates on the app. They tried to charge it with an error and 10 minutes later they where able to charge.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got the truck back this morning, delaer kepted it over night on the charger. Code was:
  1. IDCM P0D27-00 Battery Charger 1 Input Voltage Too Low
The work order mentions that a TSB 08-055-22 does not apply and that the IDCM was already up to date. Tech said the charger I used put the car in "safe mode" where it does not accept charges anymore. This was a public charger.

Is this a code I can reset with a scanner? If so I'm going to buy one just to avoid this senario again.

On the plus side I did 27.5 miles on electric this morning. the 22 is really easy to beat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Two weeks ago today I picked my Renegade 4Xe and have loved it since until last night. I got home from worked and plugged in as I do every night except last night I get a "Service Charging System" message. My Jeep has only 611 miles on it! I called my local dealer and they tell me they do not have an available appointment until SEPTEMBER! They did say to call them back next Tuesday and they will try to squeeze me in.The service advisor took the last 8-digits of my VIN and verified that there was no open software update. Unfortunately the dealer I am leasing it from is 45 miles away, so I guess I am going to have to go there instead of the one 5 miles from my house.

I read a few posts that said their 4xe actually died and would not start with this error message. I work 30 miles from home and am often out on calls so I feel like I am driving a vehicle that will leave me stranded somewhere, even worse, on an LA freeway! Has anyone else experienced this and been left stranded, or is gas only an option? I checked the fuses and a lot have to be fully set (which was annoying), but that was done a week, and 4 or 5 charges ago.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have a WallBox Level 2 Charger and the L1 charger that came with my Jeep...I tried both and received the same error on both.

@JeepCares

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Two weeks ago today I picked my Renegade 4Xe and have loved it since until last night. I got home from worked and plugged in as I do every night except last night I get a "Service Charging System" message. My Jeep has only 611 miles on it! I called my local dealer and they tell me they do not have an available appointment until SEPTEMBER! They did say to call them back next Tuesday and they will try to squeeze me in.The service advisor took the last 8-digits of my VIN and verified that there was no open software update. Unfortunately the dealer I am leasing it from is 45 miles away, so I guess I am going to have to go there instead of the one 5 miles from my house.

I read a few posts that said their 4xe actually died and would not start with this error message. I work 30 miles from home and am often out on calls so I feel like I am driving a vehicle that will leave me stranded somewhere, even worse, on an LA freeway! Has anyone else experienced this and been left stranded, or is gas only an option? I checked the fuses and a lot have to be fully set (which was annoying), but that was done a week, and 4 or 5 charges ago.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have a WallBox Level 2 Charger and the L1 charger that came with my Jeep...I tried both and received the same error on both.

@JeepCares
Have you charged at any public charging stations? It seems that more and more of these "service charging system" errors are a result of a charger doing something funky and triggering a safe mode. Something that may not have much of anything to do with the vehicle itself, as much as it going into a protection mode to prevent damage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you charged at any public charging stations? It seems that more and more of these "service charging system" errors are a result of a charger doing something funky and triggering a safe mode. Something that may not have much of anything to do with the vehicle itself, as much as it going into a protection mode to prevent damage.
No, only my home charger(s)...that's it.

After reading through this thread, I lowered the amps on my wallbox from 30 (which draws 24), to 16 just to see if it would charge, it didn't

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
No, only my home charger(s)...that's it.

After reading through this thread, I lowered the amps on my wallbox from 30 (which draws 24), to 16 just to see if it would charge, it didn't
Still may have got a bad signal out of one of them. Usually when people get it from high amperage, it's with the level 2 is set to 40 and is fixed by being brought down though.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts