Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still may have got a bad signal out of one of them. Usually when people get it from high amperage, it's with the level 2 is set to 40 and is fixed by being brought down though.
That DID happen to me...I lowered it and everything was fine. I have charged at least 10 times since then, and kept the amperage at 24...then this.

I hope it's a simple system reset or something, but also hope it's not a recurring problem.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
That DID happen to me...I lowered it and everything was fine. I have charged at least 10 times since then, and kept the amperage at 24...then this.

I hope it's a simple system reset or something, but also hope it's not a recurring problem.
I wonder if your issue has something else to do with your 240v line/disagreement with your level 2 evse. Sounds like it's doing something that keeps triggering faults.

There shouldn't be a need to lower the amperage down to 24 amps if all is behaving. That does seem to address some issues, but I haven't ever seen a solid consensus as to what the root issue it addresses is.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,218 Posts
Do you have central air? Or any other large loads that could be causing a voltage dip?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wonder if your issue has something else to do with your 240v line/disagreement with your level 2 evse. Sounds like it's doing something that keeps triggering faults.

There shouldn't be a need to lower the amperage down to 24 amps if all is behaving. That does seem to address some issues, but I haven't ever seen a solid consensus as to what the root issue it addresses is.
Not sure that would be it...I also tried my L1 charger and same warning

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you have central air? Or any other large loads that could be causing a voltage dip?
I do, but the warning is triggered immediately after plugin.

I also just went on a quick drive looong downhill on esave to get it off <1% and up to 3%....tried plugging into L1 and same thing....tried L2 and same thing

Unfortunately , it looks like something that will have to be resolved at the dealer 40 miles away on Monday.

Just pisses me off that it's two-weeks old and 611 miles and already having problems. I drove a 4runner for 19 years and never had any issues other than wear and tear. UGH

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,218 Posts
As Mllcb42 mentioned above; once the code is set the dealer has to reset it. And i love Jeeps, this is my seventh, but they don't have Toyota's reliability, unfortunately. But they are fun!

I do, but the warning is triggered immediately after plugin.

I also just went on a quick drive looong downhill on esave to get it off <1% and up to 3%....tried plugging into L1 and same thing....tried L2 and same thing

Unfortunately , it looks like something that will have to be resolved at the dealer 40 miles away on Monday.

Just pisses me off that it's two-weeks old and 611 miles and already having problems. I drove a 4runner for 19 years and never had any issues other than wear and tear. UGH

·
Registered
45 Posts
Once you have that error message you have to clear the code for the car to accept a charge again no matter what you try. Clearly the 4XE is very sensitive to the juice coming in. The dealer gave me a two page document on what car cause this and low voltage is also a cause.

I’m just going to buy a scanner and see if I can clear the code myself if it happens again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it's something wrong with the evse that's tripping a safe mode, as seems to be the case in many of these situations, it isn't the jeep having problems (other than perhaps an overly aggressive protection process)
Once you have that error message you have to clear the code for the car to accept a charge again no matter what you try. Clearly the 4XE is very sensitive to the juice coming in. The dealer gave me a two page document on what car cause this and low voltage is also a cause.

I’m just going to buy a scanner and see if I can clear the code myself if it happens again.
Yeah, time to wait patiently to get into the dealer...I was thinking the same thing about buying a scanner to clear the codes myself because it appears the dealers in my area pretty much suck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think those are the same codes that mine was getting. I also have not heard back from them.
Mine displayed the same error at home on a dedicated level 2 charger. I tried with 3 different public charges to discard an issue with my charger but same error appeared every time. My Jeep has been at the Dealer since almost a month ago with no updates. Yesterday I stopped by and was able to speak with the technician. He has applied 3 SW updates, spoken with Jeep Tech Support, but the error is still there and apparently they don't know what is causing it nor how to fix it. Thankfully I purchased the extended warranty which includes a rental car, so I'm good there. But I miss my Wrangler... I was kind of expecting "early adopter" issues like this, as it happens with any other new technology. But it's concerning that not even the factory engineers have a fix for this already, since I have read several other owners with a similar issue and no solution in sight

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Two weeks ago today I picked my Renegade 4Xe and have loved it since until last night. I got home from worked and plugged in as I do every night except last night I get a "Service Charging System" message. My Jeep has only 611 miles on it! I called my local dealer and they tell me they do not have an available appointment until SEPTEMBER! They did say to call them back next Tuesday and they will try to squeeze me in.The service advisor took the last 8-digits of my VIN and verified that there was no open software update. Unfortunately the dealer I am leasing it from is 45 miles away, so I guess I am going to have to go there instead of the one 5 miles from my house.

I read a few posts that said their 4xe actually died and would not start with this error message. I work 30 miles from home and am often out on calls so I feel like I am driving a vehicle that will leave me stranded somewhere, even worse, on an LA freeway! Has anyone else experienced this and been left stranded, or is gas only an option? I checked the fuses and a lot have to be fully set (which was annoying), but that was done a week, and 4 or 5 charges ago.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have a WallBox Level 2 Charger and the L1 charger that came with my Jeep...I tried both and received the same error on both.

@JeepCares
Thank you for tagging our team. If you need support while working with your preferred dealership, please send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2022 Granite 4xe Rubicon
161 Posts
So, picked up my 4xe Wrangler today, had 16 miles on it, I drove it 17 miles home. I charged it for about 4 hours on 120v, and now I get a "service charging system" message and a whole ton of dash lights. I disconnected the 12v battery and F09 (verified all fuses and relays are firmly seated) for maybe an hour, and reconnected everything, same. No idea what's going on. The attached pic is of the Jeep ignition in the ON position, not just in ACC. Drive and Reverse will move the Jeep.
Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Car
Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Car

·
Registered
5 Posts
2021 4xe with 3 instances of the Service Hybrid System error now. We went to the Jeep Service Center in Denver and they were great. They found 7 open recalls that they promptly fixed and could not regenerate the Service Hybrid System error, so they sent it home with us, hoping the fixed recalls and software updates would do the trick. It worked for a few days/drives, but the error is back. It seems to happen after driving for a while and taking the battery to a low percentage. We have had it occur on our provided level 1 charger as well as a public level 2 charger. We have started speaking with. Lemon Law lawyer, expecting the worse. Any positive messages, insight, or tips/tricks/recommendations out there? We love this vehicle, but this is beyond frustrating.
@JeepCares

101 - 120 of 131 Posts