Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, found this community last night. Wish I had found the night before.

Can anyone top this… DAY 1 (11/12/21)
Purchased 2021 Sahara 4xe last night. Stopped at store about 5 miles from dealer and when back in the Jeep, it wouldn’t start. Threw the ‘service hybrid electric system error’. Power works for everything except starting the vehicle.

Spent the next 3 hours with roadside assistance as the dealer was closed for the day and directed me there. Arguing about my VIN number being correct as it wasn’t registered yet being a brand new purchase. They wanted me to pay for the roadside out of pocket until I finally got someone (5 people later) to figure out how to get the right vin associated with the service request.

So, the Jeep was towed to the dealer and now my saga begins. It was fun for a whole 5-10 minutes. 👎🏻👎🏻

Speedometer Vehicle Gauge Motor vehicle Steering part
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
328 Posts
So sorry to hear. I guess there goes the theory that only early 4xe’s are having these problems. I don’t know if you have read my posts but an engineer team is working on mine and I haven’t heard any updates so that makes me think even they don’t know what to do. You can call Jeep customer care to try to escalate your case. I’ve got the number listed in another post if you need it. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So sorry to hear. I guess there goes the theory that only early 4xe’s are having these problems. I don’t know if you have read my posts but an engineer team is working on mine and I haven’t heard any updates so that makes me think even they don’t know what to do. You can call Jeep customer care to try to escalate your case. I’ve got the number listed in another post if you need it. Good luck
Thanks for the reply. Will reread your post.

·
Registered
802 Posts
@DoctorKBG I think you are right. I was one of the people thinking (hoping) this was the case.

@Jbud sorry about your circumstances, what a terrible experience. Check your state laws, in NY, we have a 3 day cancellation law. If they can’t fix it fast, I would take advantage of whatever rights you have so it doesn’t linger like some of the others.

·
Registered
328 Posts
@DoctorKBG I think you are right. I was one of the people thinking (hoping) this was the case.

@Jbud sorry about your circumstances, what a terrible experience. Check your state laws, in NY, we have a 3 day cancellation law. If they can’t fix it fast, I would take advantage of whatever rights you have so it doesn’t linger like some of the others.
I was hoping your theory was right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Jbud
sorry to hear your new Jeep stranded same day you picked it up.

Mine was 2 weeks old when it happened same failure - here is the my story and the one from a another forum member… car is since 3 weeks now at the service.

Get in contact with Jeep Cares and let them know.
They need to understand this failure might be bigger then they think. Hope no one has a serious accident because of this...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day 4 -
Jeep technician called with an update. “We have the Jeep running now and doing tests to see if we can identify problem on what happened. Performed an isolation of the hybrid battery and then reconnected.” They did order a new battery. Fuses were seated properly.
So, it sounds like they had to disconnect the battery to get anything to work.
Unsure when Jeep will be available for me to pick up.

At least they are replacing the battery for now. Not sure how confident I am with that option unless there are reasons to believe that is the problem. Hopefully they continue to test and understand they have a real problem and not that a disconnect and reconnect battery fixed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have almost the issues with my Sahara too, ordered 9/4/21 took delivery 11/10/21. First day check engine light after the transporter jump started the car in order to take it off the trailer. Took the car to dealership managed to clear the errors. No problems for the next 2 days until Saturday when the turtle light came on with a loud noise somewhere around engine area. It went away drove the car on the coast, stopped by some friends house, tried to leave again the turtle came on. After turning off the ignition couple of times managed to take the car home 20 mile drive. Sunday didn't touch the car, Monday went to work no issues until lunch. Pick up lunch and the turtle comes on again in intersection at stop and go sign. Frustration, people honking...Took the car to the dealership Monday night, called Jeep Care, assigned case manager now waiting. I was wondering what are the options if the car doesn't get fixed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
@Jbud
sorry to hear your new Jeep stranded same day you picked it up.

Mine was 2 weeks old when it happened same failure - here is the my story and the one from a another forum member… car is since 3 weeks now at the service.

Get in contact with Jeep Cares and let them know.
They need to understand this failure might be bigger then they think. Hope no one has a serious accident because of this...
@JeepCares for awareness and suggestions
Thanks for the mention, McGyver.

We can certainly dig into your concerns further, Jbud. Send us a private message with more details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

• Haha
Reactions: DonKeedic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Week 4 is over for me.
no root cause nor fix insight

My case is not proper handled I can tell - the dealer still don’t have the right technical support from Jeep yet .
but requested 2 weeks ago someone to come out…

I hope I’m the only guy having bad luck with the turnaround time.
Am I ?

i don’t think it is impatient to insist to have a root cause (not fix) identified after 4 week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Week 4 is over for me.
no root cause nor fix insight

My case is not proper handled I can tell - the dealer still don’t have the right technical support from Jeep yet .
but requested 2 weeks ago someone to come out…

I hope I’m the only guy having bad luck with the turnaround time.
Am I ?

i don’t think it is impatient to insist to have a root cause (not fix) identified after 4 week.
Crap, this is freaking scary. I dropped mine to the dealership Monday afternoon. They called on Thursday and said an electrician is going to check it and no updates since then. I just called the service manager and left him a message.

·
Registered
15 Posts
don’t take my case as yours please … hope everyone gets his / hers back up running faster then I experienced so far.

has anyone good insights about a successful fix?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally received my Jeep back tonight - 23 days. They replaced the entire hybrid battery. Said it takes them multiple people and some sort of lift to remove and install. So, we are back in business and finally got to drive it since the first 5 miles after purchase. Just in time for the next payment, almost an entire month without use. Odds of them paying for that payment?

crossing fingers that the battery issue is my first and last issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
congratulations Jbud ! Enjoy your ride. Hope it’s the fix you are looking for! (y):)

Mine is over 9 weeks now at service without a root cause… Im asked over and over again to be patient By jeepcares
not sure what Jeep expect from consumers, but I’m losing it these days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts