Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install some side steps - I am tiny. I have the Aries rockrail/steps on my TJ and love it. Thinking about doing the same with the 4xe but it appears that it came with some kind of rock rails already - do I need to remove those? Are there any steps that attach to that or do they need to be replaced? I like the Aries rails/steps because they are trail-friendly. Do you think I could sell those rails that came with it? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
596 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
@Shakes those are nice steps, I had them on my JK. Looked at them again for the 4xe but decided against because they started to rust after a couple NE winters. One of the reasons I chose the Lod Armorlite is because they are aluminum and not steel.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
596 Posts
@Shakes those are nice steps, I had them on my JK. Looked at them again for the 4xe but decided against because they started to rust after a couple NE winters. One of the reasons I chose the Lod Armorlite is because they are aluminum and not steel.
Oh really? That’s good to know. I really like how they look, but rust is a major problem in WI too. Good info.🤙🏻

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wanted frame mount steps. I liked the LoD, but were expensive ($800-1000) and couldn't be sure they'd fit the 4xe or face $300-500 in return shipping/restocking.

Went with the Westin Triple Tube for about $400 after coupon, which could be returned locally. Westin Triple Tube Rock Rail Steps - 42-6025

They fit, although the front u-bolts are somehow short (had to skip lock washers) despite the frame being the exact same part number as all other 2021 Wrangler 4-door models. I wished the steps hugged the vehicle a little more, but are not actually any lower than the frame rails.

You will have a hard time selling your Rubicon rails since many do this. While >$400 new from Jeep, I think I might get $75 for them basically new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted frame mount steps. I liked the LoD, but were expensive ($800-1000) and couldn't be sure they'd fit the 4xe or face $300-500 in return shipping/restocking.

Went with the Westin Triple Tube for about $400 after coupon, which could be returned locally. Westin Triple Tube Rock Rail Steps - 42-6025

They fit, although the front u-bolts are somehow short (had to skip lock washers) despite the frame being the exact same part number as all other 2021 Wrangler 4-door models. I wished the steps hugged the vehicle a little more, but are not actually any lower than the frame rails.

View attachment 1264

You will have a hard time selling your Rubicon rails since many do this. While >$400 new from Jeep, I think I might get $75 for them basically new.
Can you tell me how wide these are on the top?
Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts