Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get a seemingly random alarm type noise when entering their Jeep? If so, what is that?

Sounds a little like the noise a security system might make before all the real alarms go off.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I made a quick video.
Is this an alert to say a door was opened?

Jeep was locked when I approached and then it unlocks when I put my hand on the handle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like something is wrong with the proximity entry system not disengaging the alarm when you grab the handle. I don't have proximity entry so I can't confirm. Just a wild guess.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like something is wrong with the proximity entry system not disengaging the alarm when you grab the handle. I don't have proximity entry so I can't confirm. Just a wild guess.
Okay thanks. That sounds plausible. Everytime I have heard the alarm there was also a door opened recently. I will check the manual and see if there is a setting for that feature.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plugged in last night without even entering the Jeep and that alarm sounded. Nobody else's Jeep is doing this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like I am the only owner with this symptom. Have been in contact with Jeep customer service and they aren't sure what is causing the noise. No fault codes are appearing and the Jeep performs as expected. No use issues or any other symptoms besides the alarm noise.

Jeep offered to give me a loaner while the dealer diagnoses but I know they are going to start taking stuff apart and still may not find anything obvious. So we decided to wait and see if any symptoms develop.

I can reproduce the noise on demand now so that is something. However, the process is basically to park the vehicle and come back several hours later and force the Uconnect app to refresh. During that process, the modules wake up and then I can hear the sound......barely audible from outside the locked Jeep. Can also produce the noise by parking the Jeep and coming back later and plugging in.

So, waking up the modules creates the sound. Maybe they are grouchy when first awoken? My daughter is like that. Don't even think about having a conversation with her until after her first cup of coffee.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Solved!
The dealer added some sort of GPS theft recovery device. Taps into the power wire from the ODBII port. That is the device that makes the sound when I open a door or plug in or refresh Uconnect.

I wish the dealers didn't add this crap to the vehicles without knowing the effects. We can track our EVs pretty easily. One of the best theft deterrents is to have a plug in port on your vehicle. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Solved!
The dealer added some sort of GPS theft recovery device. Taps into the power wire from the ODBII port. That is the device that makes the sound when I open a door or plug in or refresh Uconnect.

I wish the dealers didn't add this crap to the vehicles without knowing the effects. We can track our EVs pretty easily. One of the best theft deterrents is to have a plug in port on your vehicle. :)
Glad it got figured out! Did they remove it? And hopefully they didn't charge you for it when you bought it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sadly I was charged for it when I bought it. Total price was about $600 below MSRP so I went for it anyway. Figured it was vapor ware like the "Desert Protection Package". :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts